1571361035_IMG_20200426_1120201811.thumb.jpg.31ab61fc39395c6ee61e5ad2c77a6c7d.jpg

The gas pedal will straighten out until I romp on it again.  It is just the junk I had to buy from a Buick parts supplier.

The brake pedal was good until this morning when a flat bead trailer was backed out of a driveway lined by hedges..  Got it stopped, but squared off 4 tires and the wire wheels are clicking.

The brake pedal works, but irritates me to look at it (let me know it you have one available for 55 Century manual brakes).  Insurance company? Not holding my breath...

12 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Are you sure the brake pedal shaft didn't just turn in the mount below the firewall?  My blue century did that once. Glad you're safe!

It is bent.  Could maybe straightened, but it might break the next time.  Should be a serviceable one out there.  Matt?

2 hours ago, old-tank said:

It is bent.  Could maybe straightened, but it might break the next time.  Should be a serviceable one out there.  Matt?

Dang.  I'd hate for you to kick me!  I don't have one....betting @MrEarl does in the garden!

Jeeze that could have come out a bit worse. What interchanges Willie. Most of my parters are power brake and I think I gave the last non power 55 to Brad54 to use in his hot rod. May have one in a 54 Super?

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Jeeze that could have come out a bit worse. What interchanges Willie. Most of my parters are power brake and I think I gave the last non power 55 to Brad54 to use in his hot rod. May have one in a 54 Super?

Ok, more research: all 55 manual brakes upper part with plate are the same part number; 54 maybe be the same since my 55 parts book does not indicate this as a new for 55 part number.

2 hours ago, JFranklin said:

It might be time to have the braking system rebuilt and be able to stop the car with less effort!

Is that a serious response?   My friends would put a smilie at end of the sentence.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, old-tank said:

Ok, more research: all 55 manual brakes upper part with plate are the same part number; 54 maybe be the same since my 55 parts book does not indicate this as a new for 55 part number.

I’ll check the Super 

OK I get it, you did a power stop with your leg. after a point when the tires skid there is never any more. It is always good when there is no body damage. You are one strong guy.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, JFranklin said:

OK I get it, you did a power stop with your leg. after a point when the tires skid there is never any more. It is always good when there is no body damage. You are one strong guy.

Thank you.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, FireballV8 said:

Hi Willie

Glad you are okay, heard of arms of steel, but this is legs of steel !!!!! 😀

Steve

You should see the doughnut  hole my arsch bit out of the seat!:o

• Haha 2

Sometimes I wonder. If it is worst case will I have A last word or will it be two.

Closest was two with a Di Nobili clenched between my teeth trying not to suck in water. At least I didn't hit the camel.

6 hours ago, old-tank said:

You should see the doughnut  hole my arsch bit out of the seat!:o

well tha’s the third new word I’ve learnt this week, let me use them in a sentence. I frumpated my hairs into a pompadour but my wife said I looked like an arsch so I slicked them back down with some Dapper Dan. 

Will this do Willie. The arm surface is smoother than it looks in picture. 

4179C212-2B6B-4853-B3C5-48B07D222D2A.thumb.jpeg.6be1a1331ff3b478f57335486f07b3ec.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1