My buddy's CarterCar ended up in Germany....

keiser31

3 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I helped a friend sell two CarterCars last year and one of them is in Germany and now for sale again....https://www.prewarcar.com/301000-carter-car-model-7-t

Interesting that it says it is a one owner car in the listing.

"This car is 1st owner car dealer family and 100 % original, completly unrestored and with less than 3000 mls almost new old stock."

3 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Interesting that it says it is a one owner car in the listing.

"This car is 1st owner car dealer family and 100 % original, completly unrestored and with less than 3000 mls almost new old stock."

I know it had at least one owner prior to my friend, Bill owning it.

Picture 9129.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I have a love for Cartercars. We had two, 1907/1908, a roadster and a touring. The touring never really got sorted out but that roadster was a rocket for its era. Friction drive was easy to get the hang of and it could accelerate well enough that nobody was really waiting behind you when driving through town. I want to take a spin in one of the 4cyl cartercars some day. The 2cyls were fast and powerful compared to most other 2cyl cars. 

There’s also seems there is a strong desire for original cars over there. When I was selling my model A the three most interested people were from Germany, Turkey, and Switzerland. It wound up in Switzerland. I wish I had saved the picture of it with the alps in the background.

Most European Countries have for several years now statistically had the strongest economies that they have had since WWII - they are buying their stuff back from years of having a giant garage sale, they like American cars, and they have a surprisingly young base of people interested in cars.   As to the young base, I am not sure what causes that - perhaps density of geography or a culture much more geared to touring (aka I believe they are having more "fun" with their cars).  

15 hours ago, gossp said:

Friction drive was easy to get the hang of and it could accelerate well enough that nobody was really waiting behind you

My local car buddy Frank had a 4 cylinder and was delighted to pass larger more powerful cars while going up hills.  He would get a run at the hill and adjust his friction wheel for continuous power to pass others while they were shifting.