26 Willys Knight Not Mine

I wish car sheet metal held up that well around these parts !  Unfortunately given restoration costs and value of completed car,it wouldn't be economically viable unless the owner gave you $5000 to take it away and you were able to do most of the work yourself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Seeing it needs wood will be a hard sell. Another rat rod in the works.

That would be tragic considering there is a heck of a lot to work with there and its a neat and rare survivor.

Some times its not about the financial return  - its about  the doing - It reminds me of a friend who built an airplane.

Financially it made no sense considering what a decent Cessna or Piper were going for at the time and the that he

could be flying NOW not 5-10 years down the road. but then I realized for him it was all about the build and the craftsmanship.

The finished aircraft came out fantastic by the way!

I think we have lost some of that insight over the years. 

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

I see two sides to this.   There are lots of less interesting cars that people bury their efforts in to on one hand.  On the other hand,  that car will be a LOADS of work.

The  " Lots of less interesting cars" that are getting fixed are cars that parts and restoration costs are easier to find and less money" This car doesn't check ANY of the so called boxes. Send it to the street rod folks and it will free up some good parts for the WK boys. Win Win...