Plate Under Rear Speaker with Armrest

kdml

Is the plate under the rear speaker on a ‘65 shorter when you have the optional armrest?  

I am not sure if my car originally came with a rear center armrest as I had parts for with and without the armrest. I decided to restore the armrest and install.  I tried to install the plate under the rear speaker and it appears too tall with the armrest in place.  I’m thinking it’s a plate for no armrest and the plate with an armrest is shorter. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Doug

5CD53823-E2B0-4CF3-A6CB-A0261250D7D8.jpeg

10 hours ago, kdml said:

Thanks Tom

Just when I thought I had every part I would need to complete this restoration.:(

Contact the vendors in the back of the Riview. I'm sure one of them can come up with the shorter armrest filler panel. 

Bill

Anyone happen to have a photo of what the plate looks like on the bottom edge, how it attaches? I see the flanges on the top. I have the arm rest option retrofitted, but I don't have the plate. I'm happy to jerry-rig something (better than a hole...), I have the fabric. But I'm not sure what to aim for.  Photo above doesn't explain how it actually attaches.

21 minutes ago, Wedgewood64 said:

Anyone happen to have a photo of what the plate looks like on the bottom edge, how it attaches? I see the flanges on the top. I have the arm rest option retrofitted, but I don't have the plate. I'm happy to jerry-rig something (better than a hole...), I have the fabric. But I'm not sure what to aim for.  Photo above doesn't explain how it actually attaches.

Bottom edge just rolls over to the back. I can get you a picture with measurements tomorrow. It doesn’t attach other than the tabs sliding up into the slots. Seat cushions and lower padded filler hold it in

On 4/27/2020 at 12:27 AM, Wedgewood64 said:

Thanks to Tom and Brian--Brian, if you have the details and can spare the time, it'd be great.

Wedgewood, I should be able to get over to my car today. Didn’t make it yesterday. 

Very helpful to see that, thanks Brian--I don't think there were any shots of that on the site. for some reason I thought the piece would be upholstered, but I get it now. I think I'm going to go the upholstered route. I'll post a picture with whatever I rig up. thanks again. Nick

• Like 1

• 1 month later...