36 model 40 headlamp bulb

rlcokc

Cars Inc shows headlight bulb. for 1039 buick--#2330. Bob's shows both 2330 and 2530 in old PDF catalog but when you go to website not listed as present inventory. I have several NOS but want to get some new bulbs as my mechanic says the NOS often loose gas inside bulb and causes them to fail. Didn't know about gas maybe just seal. Question is what is difference between the 2530 and 2330? Most of my old bulbs are Mazda but neither Bob or Cars identifies the manufacturer. Any help appreciated.

Rod 

• Like 1

Hi Rod,    Try calling Restoration Supply at  760-741-4014.     I got p/n  13007-12 for  ~$5.00 each.   32/50 watt power that I used in my '38-46s.       P/N 2320 is for 6 volt lights.   P/N 2336 is for 12 volt systems.    All of these use the same socket thus inter-changable.    I think the other guys get theirs from CHINA.   This is why I changed my sockets over to the H4 configuration.   This lets me use modern bulbs.   H4 bulbs  (Halogen ) and very nice LED bulbs both in the same socket.    Just power consumption issues.   ~3-4 amps each or 750 mw (3/4 amp) each.     I won't be doing night driving but around here,   (very busy traffic)  but driving in twilight times  has you driving with the head lights on 'low'.    JMHO - - -      If you go this way,  you can get the conversion to instal the newer socket in to the older head light buckets.    I found them originally in the model 'A' guys catalog - Snyders.     Other guys like 'Speedway. Motors' also now have them.

• Like 1

My old GE miniature lamps guide lists:

2330 - A RP-11 bulb with a D.C. Pf. (A) base, 6.2/6.2 design voltage, 32/32 CP, 4.23/4.23 amps with C-2V filaments with a rated life of 200 hours.

2336 - A RP-11 bulb with a D.C. Pf. (A) base, 12.5/12.5 design voltage, 32/32 CP, 2.23/2.10 amps with C-2V filaments with a rated life of 300 hours.

2530 - A RP-11 bulb with a D.C. Pf. (A) base, 5.9/6.2 design voltage, 50/32 CP, 6.53/4.23 amps with C-2V filaments with a rated life of 200 hours.

So, if your wiring and generator are up for it, a 2530 should plug in where the 2330 was and give you more light on the high beams.

But you can also get a halogen bulb that will just plug in as well from Classic and Vintage Bulbs (and maybe other vendors as well).

You definitely don't want to use a 2336 as it is designed for 12v rather than 6v.

Thanks for info. Was not familiar with the bulbs that simply fit the present headlight fitting. Interesting website as no prices or online ordering--all I see is to email for catalog and prices. Will contact them and also search to see if others offer the halogen headlight bulb. Believe I will go with the 2530 as my generator charge is great. Thanks

Rod