Car shows

Morgan Wright

Here in NY, all the April car shows were cancelled, now all the May ones were cancelled, because of this virus. Who can tell me of a big car show in your area, where I can take Jughead. All I want is a free ice cream cone and listen to 1950's sock hop music, and look at really old Buicks.

I like to keep a positive attitude at all times........don't plan on any car show till September........maybe.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

It is not a "cottage/home" up north.  It is a business and I need to check on the business regularly for security, etc..

But you can't work on a car while you're there; that doesn't meet the definition of "essential activity".

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

Private building

Doesn't matter; read the order.  If it's a business (irrespective of who owns the building), you can only go there for approved activities: "No person or entity shall operate a business or conduct operations that require workers to leave their homes or places of residence except to the extent that those workers are necessary to sustain or protect life or to conduct minimum basic operations."  Wrenching on your car wouldn't seem to meet either of those exceptions.

Sorry, man, but you voted for her.

1 hour ago, 39BuickEight said:

Car repair is essential here in Kentucky, according to our governor.  I suppose the people who are still needing to get to work and the grocery store need their vehicles to operate.  All repair shops, body shops, tire shops, etc are open here.

Michigan sells new cars. They don't allow people to fix broken cars.

Wow ... it would be nice to get out to the garage behind the house and do some wrenching.  Still too cold up here in Canada.

And, I have a rebuilt transmission in the USA just waiting for you guys to open your border so I can get it and have it put back in the car.

Anyone know how to get an old car transmission declared "essential" ?

Bill McL

2 minutes ago, Mark Shaw said:

My interpretation is that this applies only to employees.

The first sentence of the order is, "This order must be construed broadly to prohibit in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life." That would not seem to confer immunity on the owner of a business, nor would engaging in personal activity at a business location seem to meet any of the exceptions.

Interpretation notwithstanding, go anyway.  As Thomas Jefferson said, "A little rebellion now and then is a good thing."  And if you get busted all alone without another person within a hundred yards, remember what my granddad used to say: "The way to get rid of a bad law is to enforce it."

No car shows in Colorado till at least the 4th of July.

Our three dollar bill governor has the place closed down tight.

I guess if I'm to go to Denver to make sales calls, I'll need to put a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread on the front seat.

So when the popo pulls me over, I can say I was just going to the store for "essentials".

Getting "cabin fever" up here in the mountains.................

Mike in Colorado, which is CLOSED !

Michigan residents just got a reprieve. From the Governor's last order: "Individuals may also leave the home to pick up or return a motor vehicle as permitted under section 9(i) of this order, or to have a motor vehicle or bicycle repaired or maintained." (emphasis added)

Go forth and wrench without fear of prosecution.

• 4 weeks later...