Buicks in Movies

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

In my opinion this would fit much better in "Buick Pictures You May or May Not Like" and would definitely fall into the NOT like file. IMO one of the worse shows on the History Channel that has over the years put out some of the most atrociously done body and paint scheme modifications in the name of custom I've ever seen. Fake customers, fake deals, fake origins of the cars they use, fake conversations,  fake car facts, fake deadlines and fake personalities (at least I hope Danny Koker's personality as depicted is fake, i'd hate to think there is a real person out there like that).  I can never flip past it fast enough when flippin channels.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another example of the product placement relationship between Buick and Warner Bros. -- this time a picture called "Brother Orchid" featuring Edward G. Robinson.  With Ralph Bellamy at the wheel and Eddie Robinson and Ann Sothern in back, we see this very nice '40 Buick convertible sedan with dual sidemounts.

bro_orchid3.thumb.jpg.49a06730fdb3b3c80caa31b7525888ff.jpg

bro_orchid4.thumb.jpg.de15454675b7b8db549852226e4f56e3.jpg

bro_orchid1.thumb.jpg.fd04e111b9c5ceec2ff8e438da7ae8dc.jpg

bro_orchid2.thumb.jpg.f9a74aace282e3af738b3669c1634510.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 58 Buick was used in this short film, it was created by a young man Tom Gigliotti ,( Tom is from Brantford, Ontario ) who is in his last year of film school at the School of Images at Ryerson University  in Toronto, along with some fellow student filmmakers, are producing ‘ Walters Way “ , So , Tom , put out an email to the Brantford Piston Pushers FaceBook for a car…a car from the late ‘50 to early ‘60’s  , a vintage that he needed for a short film, so I volunteer with my 58 Special, the filming was done at the Dairy Delite in Brantford, Ontario, they startup at 10:00pm, it was Saturday, March 2018 and -4C or 25F, really cold but there was people coming for ice cream dressed in short pants, small T-shirts before the closing time at 10PM.

So you can watch this short film featuring my 58 Special. Enjoy! As you can see, they have won many Awards.

Thank you for watching.

Summary of the film.

Despite his old age and failing health, Walter, played by Gemini award-winning actor Lubomir Mykytiuk (North of 60, The Bridge, The Sum of All Fears) along with his daughter Kim, played by Geraldine Ronan (The Craftsman, Fireworks, Hometown Holiday) is forced to face the reality of yet another failed attempt to renew his driver’s license. Walter eventually confides in Kim and reveals what losing his freedom to drive really means to him. This reverse coming-of-age drama explores themes of independence, identity, and the inevitable changes in the circles of life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Buickboy58 said:

My 58 Buick was used in this short film, it was created by a young man Tom Gigliotti ,( Tom is from Brantford, Ontario ) who is in his last year of film school at the School of Images at Ryerson University  in Toronto, along with some fellow student filmmakers, are producing ‘ Walters Way “ , So , Tom , put out an email to the Brantford Piston Pushers FaceBook for a car…a car from the late ‘50 to early ‘60’s  , a vintage that he needed for a short film, so I volunteer with my 58 Special, the filming was done at the Dairy Delite in Brantford, Ontario, they startup at 10:00pm, it was Saturday, March 2018 and -4C or 25F, really cold but there was people coming for ice cream dressed in short pants, small T-shirts before the closing time at 10PM.

So you can watch this short film featuring my 58 Special. Enjoy! As you can see, they have won many Awards.

Thank you for watching.

Summary of the film.

Despite his old age and failing health, Walter, played by Gemini award-winning actor Lubomir Mykytiuk (North of 60, The Bridge, The Sum of All Fears) along with his daughter Kim, played by Geraldine Ronan (The Craftsman, Fireworks, Hometown Holiday) is forced to face the reality of yet another failed attempt to renew his driver’s license. Walter eventually confides in Kim and reveals what losing his freedom to drive really means to him. This reverse coming-of-age drama explores themes of independence, identity, and the inevitable changes in the circles of life.

Enjoyed this short film. Makes you reflect on that our time will also come. You have a beautiful car. Thanks for sharing

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This great '53 Skylark is briefly featured in a very early Stanley Kubrick film, Killer's Kiss (1955).  I saw this recently on Turner Classic Movies -- highly recommended!

53_Skylark1.thumb.jpg.aa24a439dd1aafaebc675539d8014fc9.jpg

53_Skylark2.thumb.jpg.c5562669cd29d4ace6d089bf892266ed.jpg

53_Skylark4.thumb.jpg.d2c194a48451b898e816c6b2463a4700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 11:50 PM, Elpad said:

“The house of the Spirits” 1993

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Spirits_(film)

4ADA4DF9-58CB-43D3-878B-A9A9EA2CEA83.jpeg

There is also an interesting Buick hearse in this movie.  I could not find a picture online, but if I remember correctly the front/grille looked like a 53 except it had quad headlights.  Anyone remember that?

Okay, after I posted this I saw someone posted pictures of the hearse.  Not exactly as I remembered, but close.  Thank you. 

Edited by 50ChevyFrank
add comment (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RivNut said:

“Where were you in ‘62?”  Terry the Toad and Debbie. Love that movie. Have 1:18 die cast models of the major cars. Still looking for a white T-bird.

and it starts with my cousin Richard driving the Citroen 2-CV (just like the one we had back in the '70s), trying to find Wolfman Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched a super gritty "noir" on TCM from 1961 called "Blast of Silence."  A lot of great cars in footage in and around New York City.  Highly recommended.  In the final scene, one of the gangsters pulls up in this '59 flat top.

blast2.jpg.19b747cb51388ce05e61c5750f0058b4.jpg

blast3.jpg.95314df4270be6d17abe2f5924ba611c.jpg

blast1.jpg.980e937210ec693e245b4e3d2606d195.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...