Anybody re-wood a Fisher bodied car want to dispute this Fisher ad

Mark Gregory

In the 40's and early 50's country fairs often had stunt men rolling cars (sedans or coaches) from the 20's and early 30's.  The ones with all wood framing covered with metal would withstand several shows in which the car would be rolled three or four times sideways or once end over end before it was totaled.  Most later 30's cars with all steel construction, with the exception of Budd bodies were usually totaled in one rollover.

I am  redonig the wood in 1929 LaSalle sedan in the shop  now . It is the third Fisher body I have done , They are tough cars, I don't see why so many are down on wood body cars . I have driven my 32 Chevy for about 40 years no problems. Kings32

• Like 1

For most people working with metal is a one trade operation. Working on a wood framed vehicle requires more of an investment in time and equipment.  Working on metal has always been easy for me. Wood not so much so. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fossil said:

For most people working with metal is a one trade operation. Working on a wood framed vehicle requires more of an investment in time and equipment.  Working on metal has always been easy for me. Wood not so much so. 

I’m the other way around. I’m quite a bit better with wood, but I’m getting better at the metal working

• Like 2