Hey, how about parking your collector car outside today?

Matt, never a dealer, but in the last 55 years of enjoying old cars, I've bought and sold over 200 collector cars.  Would you like the list of the ones I regret selling?  But, they helped me move forward and have great memories...and meet lifelong friends....

• Like 1

This is a photo of the ‘53 Special parked in front of my parent’s house last year. Their tree was flowering, and I thought the photo of the car, with the colours was a fun contrast - especially with the house across the street, painted by people who believe they are actually living somewhere on the Mediterranean coast, and not in the foothills of Western Canada. 

I think the hues fighting each other in this shot could be used as one of those colour blindness tests in an Optician’s shop. 

2181A3B1-4650-4AB7-877F-3991706C3E1B.jpeg

• Like 2

It took a bit of work but I finally got her outside for some photos.  Still not sure what color it is.  Getting it out was the easy part.  Getting it back in the uphill driveway and over the hump to get her in the garage was the chore. 

I really need to get some new tires and change the wheel color.  Tan wheels and tan White walls really don't do much for her. 

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

I really need to get some new tires and change the wheel color.  Tan wheels and tan White walls really don't do much for her. 

Just yesterday I spotted a late 20’s Packard Cabriolet that was a cream yellow with whitewall tires......the wire wheels were a very deep maroon and looked great on that car! Very stunning......

I was leaning Maroon or dark Blue.  I think she might have originally been a much darker Tan with almost orange red fenders from what I found in one of the rear fenders.  I won't go to those colors but Definitely need to change the wheel color and get some new rubber. Of course that's' once I get her running.  Right now my wife has driven her 3 times and I'm always the one pushing or pulling. ;) 

• Haha 1

I had them both out yesterday again. Family wedding time! My younger son got married. He wanted both of my cars in his covid-modified drive by type wedding. When your kids get married it's a pretty awesome feeling. Add your vintage cars? Its very rewarding too!

IMG_6064.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 8

@keithb7 that really does have to be an awesome feeling when one of your kids wants to include one of your passions in one of the most memorable days of their lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zepher said:

@keithb7 that really does have to be an awesome feeling when one of your kids wants to include one of your passions in one of the most memorable days of their lives.

It is an awesome feeling.My son requested a photo with our '21 Chevy. It was spontaneous,and turned out to be their favorite photo of the day.

F1000048_sepia.jpg

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Congrats Keith!........”first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes seatbelts in Grandpa’s collector car”.....believe me, it happens fast!

@gossjh

Sometimes you see something you just have to call your dads attention to. 

Edited by gossp (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Out for a morning cruise..... unfortunately the ice cream shop was not open at 6:30 ayem! However later this morning  I will park this car downtown by the ice cream shop and leave it for the day. Surprising how many people are stopping by for a cone these days, the car creates a lot of conversation for them.

95C5FFF6-B482-4568-B402-3292071E2D6F.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

DSC01138.thumb.JPG.926bfe20420c36b5c13f0e6d0fa37c78.JPGWent out for a spin today, not much traffic.  Thought I would let it sit in the driveway for a little while.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...