Extra cyinders?

Buick35

My wife and I enjoy watching Joel Osteen on Sundays and find him uplifting and dose a great service but today I had to laugh to myself when he said that when a car needs more power the extra cylinders kick in. It reminds me of when my wife saw a commercial for a new Nissan and asked me why do they call it a 38 ounce?

That Cadillac system was designed by a young Italian engineer from an aristocratic family. His name was Count Bitouse.

My wife drove one and liked it. I just unplugged the sensor wire at the transmission.

Very nice car.

002.thumb.JPG.63a8db6f7c5299265764afdbc936a691.JPG

I now have a Dual Vanos car that has no throttle plates and have been considering a hybrid Tahoe or Escalade they intrigue me.

I have had very good luck with Jaguars but I would never tell anyone that in public. I like the price their reputation mires them in.

I had a V864 Fleetwood two door for years. There was never a problem with it. It always performed well and very predictable. The only glitch was when the crossover pipe went bad the change of cylinders was very noticeable.  The 6 cylinder mode was a little ragged  but it spent very little time in 6 cylinder mode.

My dad owned one when they were new.  It worked well, especially on the highway but only when it was flat terrain.  In the mountains, the ECU was unable to decide which mode to be in on uphill acceleration.  The local Cadillac dealer installed an on-off switch in the glove compartment to keep it in fulltime 8 cylinders while he was travelling through the Rockies.

Craig