Sign in to follow this  
STEVE POLLARD

HUB CAP RESTORATION

I just purchase these caps for my '69 Impala. I've had the Rallys on the car since I purchase it back in 2004 and I thought I would change it up. They are in really nice shape, but there is some minor scratches and the black painted sections are faded. Any suggestions of a company that can restore them back ? 

Thanks !

20200402_125712.jpg

• Like 1

Little bit of trivia:  That '69 Caprice is parked in front of Mission San Diego de Alcala in Mission Valley/San Diego.  Still looks just like that if you wanted to re-create the photo.  I believe Chevrolet was taking pictures throughout San Diego in that time frame, one ad photo was taken in my in-laws' driveway in Point Loma but I have never seen the resulting ad.  Great looking Caprice by the way.  SMB

• Like 1

STEVE POLLARD ,

Check for a supplier that sells decals that you paste over the faded paint.

I bought a set for my 56 Belair but they are a real PITA to install.

• Like 1

I do not know a company that can fix your problem.

I knew a man who owned a Furniture Store and they used to polish glass to remove scratches.

I assume glass is softer than SS  Below is something I took off the internet.

I would do more checking about glass polish before trying it.

Beautiful car you own by the way.

Windolene is made for cleaning glass windows and has a mild abrasive in it. ... The Autoglym polish is also mild abrasive. Must say that I never fully removed the scratches I had (seagull poo that must have had sand in it) but you can improve matters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

I just purchase these caps for my '69 Impala. I've had the Rallys on the car since I purchase it back in 2004 and I thought I would change it up. They are in really nice shape, but there is some minor scratches and the black painted sections are faded. Any suggestions of a company that can restore them back ? 

Thanks !

20200402_125712.jpg

Steve Google "French Lake Auto Parts Minneapolis MN. Ask for the owner and tell him you need stainless steel buffed ect. He has a excellent guy . Ive done business with him and he is a standup guy.  I don't have his name or number. He has other great reference's on this site.

• Like 1