What are you paying for gas in your area?

I went out to the store to get some groceries today and filled up with gas.  Here is the price that I paid as Sams Club north of Detroit. 

My son was south of us and paid 89 cents / gallon.

image000000 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Here in Windsor, Ontario I paid 68.9 cents per litre early last week. I just noticed it is up to 77.2 cents today. I have half a tank so will wait.

This is Canadian guys and it takes 3.8 litres to equal 1 US gallon.

Of course we are not supposed to be travelling anyways so...

What's a gas station - been almost 5 weeks since I filled up, with no place to go could be another week or 2 before I need to fill up again.  Who knew that we might need fuel stabilizer for our daily drivers?

Don

• Haha 1

Haven’t started the daily driver in over three weeks. My better half was saying today we better start it just to see if it runs. On the other hand I take the 38 out for a drive every other day with the two blondes in the back seat!  My wife doesn’t mind either! 
stay safe and healthy 

892AB40D-C9BD-4107-A5CF-0501450CA56C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As I've gotten one old car at a time out for exercise,

I've made sure to fill them up with today's cheaper gas.

In normal antique-car seasons, I try to get through a

tank of gas a year, per car.  And despite the unconstitutional

stay-at-home order, people are allowed to go out for 

gas, groceries, and to other businesses that are open.

The best I've seen at stations is $2.059, but a

shopping club (BJ's) had it for $1.95 a gallon.

• Like 1

Across the bridge form Port Huron Michigan here in the frozen tundra of SouthWest Ontario we have gotten down to average of 69.9 per litre. Canadian dollar. My calculation brings it to approx. $1.73 US dollar.

11 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

And despite the unconstitutional

stay-at-home order, 

Unconstitutional? If you don't like it here feel free to move to North Korea and let us know how that works out for you.... :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gotta love this stuff! I spent much of the afternoon going to four different stores, wandering around for a half hour to hour each, trying to get a few things (or reasonable substitutes) we needed. One store I ended up going back again, and standing in line, again. Linda wanted pretzel sticks (doesn't like the traditional or other shapes), and a certain kind of dip. The first store had NO pretzel sticks. So of course I didn't get the dip as she won't use it for anything else. I found napkins in one store (cheap ones, but they will do). Got Tide at another. One of the other stores had several things, including sugar, and pretzel sticks! But NO dip she wanted. So I ended up back at the first store just for dip.

What would "normally" been one store, and less than an hour? Yeah, this stay at home and social distancing is really working. And I am keeping it friendly.

And while I was out? I also got gas! $2.599! WOO HOO!!!!!! Cheapest I have paid in nearly five years! This IS Califunny you know.

No order here, just advice. Could go anywhere I want but have no reason to.  Not so sure about requiring "non-essential" businesses to shut and suspect many will prefer to stay telecommuters after.

About $1.95 here in eastern pa. Every couple of days or whenever we feel like it we take the dogs for ride, just because we want to and there is no rational reason we shouldn,t........bob

1 hour ago, Ed Luddy said:

Across the bridge form Port Huron Michigan here in the frozen tundra of SouthWest Ontario we have gotten down to average of 69.9 per litre. Canadian dollar. My calculation brings it to approx. $1.73 US dollar.

As usual here on the West coast prices are higher. It's been around $1.00 / Litre all last week. Around 89 cents if you look for the best deal today.  

Greg in Canada

The old car gas was still at 2.49 a gallon..  Three days ago..

Not sure about the local store . I filled up  march 12th and still have a full tank..

I’m in southern Nevada, about 80 miles north of Las Vegas. Our gas is 2.49 here. We drove 40 miles north, into Utah, and paid 1.99 at Costco.

Kevin

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

No snide comments.  Keep it friendly.

No political comments on this site. You've been here for awhile so you should know that but I guess you forgot.

People need to stay home so they don't spread the virus which is very contagious. What part of that do you not understand? It has already killed tens of thousands of people worldwide and it's not showing any signs of slowing down here. Of course it sucks being told to stay home but it's better than dying, isn't it? You need to be a little more patient and follow the advice of the medical professionals. Remember that....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Filled up the Ultra with 1.909 premium here today!

Wawa non-ethanol is now 1.999, filled up lawnmower cans several days ago.

Regular is 1.389, so 1.309 after loyalty card and credit card deductions at Sheetz.

I apologize for veering a bit off topic, but all this reminded me of an incident about 30 years ago, when a good friend (in Europe) was fueling up his 1961 Chrysler 300 G, which he drove as a daily during summer months, when some loudmouth sap in a small econo box pulled up to a nearby pump and after getting out, boisterously hollered a comment/question of something like “Ooh, I bet it hurts to drive a huge gas guzzler like that !” to which my friend, without even bothering to look at the sap, replied “Actually, I wish the price* of gasoline would be 4-5 times of what we’re paying right now, so I would only run into my friends and other real car guys at these stations !”, after which from the corner of his eye he saw saps female passenger bust out laughing.

* Mind you that the price of gasoline in that part of the world back then was already 4-5 times higher than in the U.S. and while my friend was not wealthy, I know he meant what he said and probably still does.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

Here in Eastern Pennsylvania prices can easily vary by 15-20+ cents/gallon within 3-4 miles. I have said for years now that gas stations in my township get together once a week, in a smoke filled room and set prices since they are rarely more than a penny or two different between each other. There is no other explanation for the prices in this township ALWAYS being higher. The exact same Wawa, Speedway, etc. station 3-4 miles away sells gas for15-20+ cents/gallons LESS. Funny thing is the cheaper stations and more expensive ones get their their fuel delivered by the SAME tanker trucks which fill up at the SAME local fuel distributor. So why is the fuel here more expensive? 

Today I observed that as I mentioned earlier Gas in NE Il. is about $1.75 per gallon. In SE Wi. about 5 miles away it runs from $1.25 to $,99 per gallon. Even high Il. taxes are not that much difference. Wonder who is making out on this?

• Like 1

$1.45 at Sam's today. Orlando is always lower than south Florida and higher than Georgia. What is interesting to think about are the "unintended consequences".

- many will find they like and are more productive telecommuting.

- air quality is improving in many problem areas (understand is is now "Good" in the Valley of Smoke.

- weather patterns may change, more like 1950's.

- big screen TV sales will increase as will cable revenues

- auto insurance prices may drop/are dropping

- residential electric use will increase.

- intoxicants sales will increase

- BMIs will increase

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, just me said:

I guess this stay at home should give everyone a slight glimpse into what a POW goes through. 

Except for the torture and starvation part... :wub:

Cheapest I've found is $2.69  I don't think this $2.35 at Valero is legit; you probably need to pay for a carwash to get that price.

Screenshot (72).png

With the recent fall of oil prices, there is a huge

disparity in pricing from one area to the next--far more

than normal.  That should mean, for those of us that

don't yet have sub-dollar gas prices, that further price

drops are on their way.

I'd like to see a happy medium where the oil interests--

many of whom in Penna. are small businessmen

and individual landowners--can succeed, all the while

prices at the pump are realistic.

19 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

I went out to the store to get some groceries today and filled up with gas.  Here is the price that I paid as Sams Club north of Detroit. 

My son was south of us and paid 89 cents / gallon.

image000000 (1).jpg

It's 1979 again! 😄