Gaiter leaf spring cover suppliers

I own a Reo Royale Victoria which was a high end car which came from the Factory with the leaf springs wrapped in metal.

They are called Gaiters covers they were missing when I got my car.

I finally found a Supplier thanks to a post on the H.A.M.B. they recommend this Company in Cleveland.

Anyone have a positive comment about them ?

http://accentsunlimitedgaiters.com/

We have been supplying high quality leaf spring gaiters (covers) for over 28 years to automobile enthusiasts worldwide

You may not have heard of us because we were a captive shop of “Rudy’s”, a former seller of pre-war Rolls Royce and Bentley parts and accessories. We are now independent and can offer spring gaiters made of leather, Everflex (as used on Springfield Rolls Royce) and metal. The metal gaiters are made from terne plate, a steel sheet metal with a high concentration of lead that resists corrosion and is self lubricating.

Automobile manufacturers had different ideas as to how spring gaiters should be made and we try to duplicate their designs as closely as possible. To that end, we offer hidden lacing, boot hook lacing, a variety of oiler configurations, and two different styles of metal gaiters.

image.thumb.png.666fa045f2b73fdf728e01e088b63f05.png

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

I have not used them but I'm glad you found them. Their pricing seems VERY reasonable. I need to have a set made for my '29 Cadillac once I rebuild the springs. For that price, I'd certainly give them a try.

• Like 1

This place couldn't have shown up 3 weeks ago? I just finished making a set of metal gaiters for a '32 Packard 900. 32 pieces, 16 different shapes and sizes. 7 bends on the sheet metal brake on each for a total of 224 bends. Very aggravating.  As far as I could determine Terne steel is no longer being made. 

• Like 1

Rudy's made a beautiful set (and I do mean "Beautiful" set) for my 1932 RR PI (in long grain vinyl like originals), but Rudy's was having memory issues in 2017, and my guess is that it has not improved over time - his wife basically coordinated everything.  Slightly aggravating process due to the memory issues, but worth end result. If you want them made I would "act on this" very quickly. 

Perhaps the business has been sold - aka it mentions "Accents Unlimited"

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1