STANDARD TRANSMISSION REPAIR AND PARTS RESOURCE

vicpanza

STANDARD TRANSMISSION REPAIR AND PARTS RESOURCE

I recently had to have the Borg Warner T96 transmission and overdrive in my 1950 Jeepster rebuilt, and wanted to share the very positive experience I had. In the course of buying a part from a fellow on eBay, I met Dennis Maroudas of DME, LLC Transmission Parts & Service. After speaking with about half a dozen transmission shops and getting prices that would choke a horse, I was very fortunate to find DME.

Dennis is located in Forest Hills, KY, just over the West Virginia border, and does all sorts of vintage and antique standard transmission work. As I am in the Pittsburgh area, I drove the transmission down to his shop and got the tour. What was so impressive is that my transmission needed a number of parts (the previous rebuilder forgot to install a clip, and the main shaft was moving, eating up the transmission) and Dennis had virtually everything in stock. And, his parts prices were significantly below other parts distributors. His entire cost for rebuild was at least half of what others had quoted me.

Dennis shipped the transmission back to me and once installed, it worked like a dream. Nice and quiet and shifts smoothly, like new. One other mission I was on was to find cross reference information on Willys to Borg Warner part numbers. Helps in shopping for these parts if you know the OEM numbers. Dennis gave me a copy of several pages from a "Lempco" manual that lists all types of transmissions and their respective part numbers. Not relevant for this group, but he has this for virtually any vehicle.

In closing, I just want to reiterate what a positive experience this was. I was very anxious about having this transmission rebuilt, and couldn't have been more satisfied with the work that Dennis provided. If you need any parts or service I highly recommend him.

You can contact Dennis at:

DME, LLC
625 Forest Hills Road,
Forest Hills, KY 41527

606-237-6648
Dennis C. Maroudas
DMELLC@suddenlink.net

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1