1932 Dodge DK8 tranmission

yirgaman

I need to find a good 1932 DK-8 transmission. for my car.  My current  transmission has had a rough life in its past, and a replacement would go a long way in making my car what it really should be.  I've seen a number of pictures of DK's that have been street rodded with modern power plants and transmissions Im hoping I can find one from the conversion that took place.   Any leads would be appreciated.

Larry Yirga      email yirga3566@gmail.com

12 minutes ago, yirgaman said:

I need to find a good 1932 DK-8 transmission. for my car.  My current  transmission has had a rough life in its past, and a replacement would go a long way in making my car what it really should be.  I've seen a number of pictures of DK's that have been street rodded with modern power plants and transmissions Im hoping I can find one from the conversion that took place.   Any leads would be appreciated.

Larry Yirga      email yirga3566@gmail.com

Do you know if the 1931 DG8 transmission is the same?

I don't know.  The Hollander 16th edition shows  some possibility.  Mine has freewheeling ,  the Hollander doesn't mention freewheeling.  driveshaft length would  be different without it.  the DG 8 have all straight cut gears,    Do you have access to a DG 8 transmission?

larry yirga        email yirga3566@gmail.com   ph 740 361-1838

6 minutes ago, yirgaman said:

I don't know.  The Hollander 16th edition shows  some possibility.  Mine has freewheeling ,  the Hollander doesn't mention freewheeling.  driveshaft length would  be different without it.  the DG 8 have all straight cut gears,    Do you have access to a DG 8 transmission?

larry yirga        email yirga3566@gmail.com   ph 740 361-1838

I do not have access to a DG8 transmission. Just trying to determine interchangeability with the item you need.

Hollander also shows certain DL 6 transmissions in the same interchange group.  I had an extra I traded away it may have not been from the right car serial number group.  Some of the gears in the six trans are not as strong as the eights.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I do have a 1931 dodge 8 transmission with free wheeling I'd you are still wanting one. It's the same as the DK which I own.  The difference between 1931 and 1932 is that the bell housing on the 32 is for a full floating engine mounting.  The 1931 bell housing has the typical engine mounts with clutch and master brake.