1970 Riviera Right Motor Mount

70rivme

Besides having an original mount revulcanized, does anyone know of a mount that will install and correctly mount the right side of a 455? Does anyone know why the '67 right side mount won't work? Working towards getting my 455 back in it's rightful spot and found the new left mount from Buick Farm to be spot on, but no luck with the right. Luckily my right one is still good but my thought process is to replace it now so I won't have to mess with it in the future and to have one always on standby in the event it ends up being needed. I tried the ones from eBay that claim they are correct, but there is no chance they fit so I returned them. More like universal and won't fit should be the description in my opinion. Let me know what ya think Gents, appreciate it!

3 hours ago, 70rivme said:

Besides having an original mount revulcanized, does anyone know of a mount that will install and correctly mount the right side of a 455? Does anyone know why the '67 right side mount won't work? Working towards getting my 455 back in it's rightful spot and found the new left mount from Buick Farm to be spot on, but no luck with the right. Luckily my right one is still good but my thought process is to replace it now so I won't have to mess with it in the future and to have one always on standby in the event it ends up being needed. I tried the ones from eBay that claim they are correct, but there is no chance they fit so I returned them. More like universal and won't fit should be the description in my opinion. Let me know what ya think Gents, appreciate it!

You may have to bite the bullet and have your RH mount rebuilt by Steele Rubber. They rebuilt my LH mount from my 68 430 and it appears to be very well done. I also bought a LH mount from Buick Farm and it too was spot on. Original RH mounts seem to be tough to find for the 67-70 Rivs.

• Like 2

I thought I looked thoroughly so I didn't bring up a topic that has been discussed already, but minutes ago I just rediscovered a thread from close to 2 years ago that I posted regarding my question about motor mounts. I guess this is what happens when a project falls off the tracks for awhile. 

• Haha 1

Check Anchor Mounts.  I have a friend who manages an Advance Auto store. They have catalogs that show things that aren't in the computer.  He found a couple of things for my 64 in different catalogs and motor mounts from Anchor was one of them.  Brake hardware was another thing that we found (in a different catalog.)

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1