1964 Riviera Road Test magazine review

'78EstateWagon

Before posting here I did a quick check to see if this 1964 Road Test magazine review of a Riviera has been posted here before.  I couldn't find one.  (If it has been previously posted sorry for the redundancy.)  But it's a really thorough and enjoyable read.  I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/vintage-reviews/vintage-test-car-and-driver-road-research-report-1964-buick-riviera-the-longest-most-comprehensive-car-review-ever/

Riv was the first time I saw the work of the "ugly stylist" charged wirh screwing up a nice design (Buick Silver Arrow) for the first few model years so that the last year in the three year cycle would be the best looking. Another examle was the 68-70 Skylark.

The ugly stylist's brother was responsible for the design of radio and clock block off plates that screamed "too cheap to buy a clock or radio". His students designed dog dish hubcaps.

10 hours ago, padgett said:

Riv was the first time I saw the work of the "ugly stylist" charged wirh screwing up a nice design (Buick Silver Arrow) for the first few model years so that the last year in the three year cycle would be the best looking. Another examle was the 68-70 Skylark.

GM had difficulty getting the hidden headlight design working, so it was delayed until the '65 model.