11 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Gene,

I`m near enough to Larry, maybe you could throw in 2 sets for me?

Tom

11 hours ago, abandg said:

I will check on shipping for three sets. Larry send me your zip code and city. Gene.

That's what I was thinking, ship 3 to us and we can get them divided up here.  My zip is 60048.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

This is what I am using.

CovidCarGuy1.jpg

I would also like to take one cardboard set for me. @riv2x4 - will you consider to ship it further to IL 60156, of course I will cover the costs ?  @abandg - will you ship additional set (4 in total, I believe) ?

I can do PayPal (preferred) or wire transfer.

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

Mr. Earl initiated this, not me. 😎

Here it is.

7AE39028-71CE-4239-9C15-D804AABAA568.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Buick Riviera said:

I would also like to take one cardboard set for me. @riv2x4 - will you consider to ship it further to IL 60156, of course I will cover the costs ?  @abandg - will you ship additional set (4 in total, I believe) ?

I can do PayPal (preferred) or wire transfer.

I could be the Chicago area drop spot for anyone interested.  Further shipping or meet up could be arranged.

9 minutes ago, riv2x4 said:

I could be the Chicago area drop spot for anyone interested.  Further shipping or meet up could be arranged.

I will PM you delivery address. I am living in EU, so we can't meet at Chicago :-(. The address is the storage where I collect the parts for a common overseas shipping.

I'm working with Gene to get 10 sent to me in the Chicago area.  Will have more details next week.  Gene's no whining rule will be firmly in place.

6 hours ago, riv2x4 said:

Further shipping or meet up could be arranged.

I reached out to my Rivi buddy’s to see who needed a kit. Only one buddy with a 64 wanted a kit. We are in SoCal. Would it be smart to jump on board with what u have going on with the 10 kits already? Then have u ship them to me? We can all split the original shipping cost. Then obviously I’d be responsible to pay for the second shipping cost.

I have a 65. My buddy has a 64. Are all first-gen kits the same??

If this keeps up I will need a forklift. I will try to post a set up here tomorrow so everyone can see the stuff. Thanks Gene. Also have a nice 65 rear bumper

IMG_7657.jpg

Another Big Ticket item. Gene, you wouldn't want to ship a light bulb to Canada!

John B.

Gene, it looks like your boredom pictures are paying off. Keep posting. 

Kevin

They are the same size for 63 64 65. Kevin, if I did this for a living I would be living in a Sears box in someones yard. John, I will ship you a bulb if you need it to Canada. Larry, I took pictures of the cardboard (actually my wife did. I have a flip phone.) and as you can see it is pretty nice stuff. I put the both rear sections in, one for standard, and one for the remote trunk release. This stuff has to be sliced at the bend to get a perfect bend. It is pretty easy to install. Thanks guys, Gene.

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Larry,

Normally under the present circumstances you would need to stay one Riviera length away when you pick up...however, I modified a dual quad air cleaner into a respirator so we should be OK

Tom

LOL!!!!  Thanks for the laugh Tom!

On 4/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, abandg said:

If this keeps up I will need a forklift. I will try to post a set up here tomorrow so everyone can see the stuff. Thanks Gene. Also have a nice 65 rear bumper

IMG_7657.jpg

Hi Gene - what are you wanting to get for that '65 rear bumper?  Is it a rechromed core?  Or good original?  Any dents?

On 4/14/2020 at 6:41 PM, RivNut said:

It's pretty much a given on the Buick forums that "If there are no pictures, it didn't happen."  Gonna have to see that respirator. 😁

Turbinator, ready is ready 

2F0CF360-58B7-43BF-80DA-A1740EEA6418.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

Turbinator, ready is ready 

2F0CF360-58B7-43BF-80DA-A1740EEA6418.jpeg

Nice but it wouldn't work for me unless my prescription for my glasses was ground into the face protector.

Posted (edited)

Agreed that you have to scribe the creases on the cardboard with a razor blade knife or the gray covering makes a jagged tear when you bend the cardboard.

some of the creases have to be scribed on the gray side and others have to be scribed on the back side depending on which way the

cardboard has to bend. You have to be very careful not to scribe it too deeply or you will cut it in two. If this happens you can tape it back together

with duct tape on the back side. The thought of Gene's wife tossing everything after he is gone gives me goosebumps.....say it ain't so!

When I did my trunk cardboard after it was installed I touched up the creases in the bends where the brown cardboard was showing

with some gray paint and a small touch up brush. I had to buy two sets of cardboard after I ruined the first set by bending the cardboard

with out first scribing the folds with a razor blade knife. 

DSCN0271.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Nice but it wouldn't work for me unless my prescription for my glasses was ground into the face protector.

This will be the preferred attire at next year's convention in Branson!

• Haha 1

Question about this scribing with a knife...  My experience in bending cardboard is that cutting along a bend line is a precarious proposition and also weakens the material along the bend. IIRC, the original something of a double crease which provided the needed flexibility.  I can't duplicate that, but I've found a passable solution is to crease the material on the back side; take something round and firm (that won't cut the cardboard; I think I used an eye bolt once) and run it along the bend line.  That seems to make it much easier to bend while minimizing the risk of splitting. 

Anyone else tried this with trunk lining?

On 4/15/2020 at 1:54 PM, riv2x4 said:

I'm working with Gene to get 10 sent to me in the Chicago area.  Will have more details next week.  Gene's no whining rule will be firmly in place.

I got your PM, thank u. But Gene is saying there are two different styles kits. One for cars with remote trunk release & one without. I need 2 kits without remote release please 

1 hour ago, RockinRiviDad said:

I got your PM, thank u. But Gene is saying there are two different styles kits. One for cars with remote trunk release & one without. I need 2 kits without remote release please 

Is it so ? Then @riv2x4: I would need then one for remote release version....

Go back and re-read Gene's post or this quote from his post "I put the both rear sections in, one for standard, and one for the remote trunk release."  Look at the picture. The large pieced in the upper right is for the remote release, the one in the lower left is for the non remote.

IMG_7694.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

Go back and re-read Gene's post or this quote from his post "I put the both rear sections in, one for standard, and one for the remote trunk release."  Look at the picture. The large pieced in the upper right is for the remote release, the one in the lower left is for the non remote.

Thank you Ed, I missed it obviously.

I just wanted to clear this trunk cardboard stuff up if I can. I was informed that I might have confused people with the six pictures. There is only 5 pieces of cardboard per trunk. The long rear piece comes in  2 different versions. One is for standard trunk and the one with a longer tail to the side is for a remote trunk release. The longer piece covers the release cylinder which is not on a non remote trunk. If I have confused you more just disregard this message. Thanks Gene.

FullSizeRender-109.jpg