victorialynn2

Show me your garage.

Hi Bill ! Your first picture makes me wonder if you are a bit of a "Deadhead" ? In the old days, I got to go to a free Dead concert back when "Pig" was still alive. Sooooooo long ago.............................    If, if, if only time machines.........    -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 1

With everyone home from university it is hard to get a good picture. I'll spare you the clutter of the back shop!

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Hi Bill ! Your first picture makes me wonder if you are a bit of a "Deadhead" ? In the old days, I got to go to a free Dead concert back when "Pig" was still alive. Sooooooo long ago.............................    If, if, if only time machines.........    -   Cadillac Carl 

Hello Carl,

Yes, big classic rock fan including the Dead! I am jealous, I never got to see them!

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

1 minute ago, Brass is Best said:

A few years old but you can get the idea.

sr1.jpg

sr2a.jpg

A Ford guy with a spattering of Olds, Cord, Pontiac, Chevy. I doesn't look like you work on the cars though-unless you have another place for that.

Brass is Best.  Help me out here. There’s mostly chrome in that garage.  How did you choose your signature name?

• Haha 1

I can squeeze 4 cars in super tight,  and two more in the attached part which isn't heated.  Ceiling is low which isn't ideal.     I've wanted a decent garage since I was 16 laying on my back in the rain working on my GTO.  Still don't have one.

All three of the cars have gone in the last couple of years.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 3671.JPG

• Like 3

When I built the garage in 1973, it was 32 x 30 feet and seemed huge,but it didn't take long to fill it. In 1983 I added another 50 feet, and have since nearly filled that ! It's like the Field of Dreams. Build it and they will come. 

'29 McLaughlin Buick at home.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kfle said:

In addition to earlier pictures of the workshop earlier in the thread, I thought I would post what I did with the loft.  About a month ago, I made the loft area above my workshop home office and full bathroom into a sitting area and cigar lounge.  I have a Harley Davidson pinball machine, an arcade machine, and the humidor cabinet is on the way.   I still have to start adding the automobilia on the walls, but it takes time.  

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Great looking shop but I have one suggestion as was mentioned above and do I realize you are just setting up. I see you have two large compressors in your sitting are that at times can be noisy when on your relaxing. Myself I would move them onto the top shelf of the ready rack you have in the corner or a small corner mezzanine out of your way and give more floor space. I have seen that in many large and small  shops I have been in.

I would like to have a clean chair in my shop that I have to find first never mind a nice sitting area like in your  garage.  

• Like 1

Too many cars and too much junk!  It is roughed in for a bathroom, but not built yet.  That and heat would make it about perfect for me.

Garage.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zepher said:

I bet one of those compressors kicking on while you're enjoying a cigar really kills the mood.  😁

You have a great shop, BTW!

Yes, extremely loud, but since the shop is just for me they don’t come on if I am hanging out in the loft since no one is using air working on something.  I turn them off when not in use.  I wouldn’t have put them up there if it was up to me but the previous owner who built the place put them up there.

and thanks, I feel lucky to have the place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Canada said:

Great looking shop but I have one suggestion as was mentioned above and do I realize you are just setting up. I see you have two large compressors in your sitting are that at times can be noisy when on your relaxing. Myself I would move them onto the top shelf of the ready rack you have in the corner or a small corner mezzanine out of your way and give more floor space. I have seen that in many large and small  shops I have been in.

I would like to have a clean chair in my shop that I have to find first never mind a nice sitting area like in your  garage.  

See my reply to zephyr.  There is actually two separate wings to the main shop as well.  One wing is a paint booth and clean room and the other wing is a blasting and parts washing room and then a  machine shop area.  I am not sure why the previous owner put the compressors in the loft, but there is a lot of setup to them.  Metal piping is all setup and run from the compressors to every spot in the shop and wings that terminate in quick connects and drains.  So it would be a chore to relocate them.  They don’t come on very often at all unless I’m using them and I turn them off when I am done working on something so it hasn’t bothered me yet.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

I can squeeze 4 cars in super tight,  and two more in the attached part which isn't heated.  Ceiling is low which isn't ideal.     I've wanted a decent garage since I was 16 laying on my back in the rain working on my GTO.  Still don't have one.

All three of the cars have gone in the last couple of years.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 3671.JPG

Where's the Pierce Arrows?  😁

6 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

A few years old but you can get the idea.

sr2a.jpg

Wow! I was planning on moving in to the auburnseeker household, but now I think I'll move in with you.

Sorry auburnseeker.

• Like 1

Living in a neighborhood with a HOA I just keep adding garage doors. Now have two doubles and two singles. Each car has a door. Little is visible.

Just a reminder to myself that I did something today. Insulate that back wall and added some sheetrock, materials I had lying around. If it is warm tomorrow that window will get stained. 50% of the stuff on the shelves on the left could get trashed. Bob 

DSCF6211.JPG

• Like 2

Reading this thread makes me want to leave the SF Bay area and move to some place far away where I could build a huge garage.  Of course, being stuck in a small house 24 hours a day can do that, too.  ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This isn't mine, but it may inspire someone who

wants a beautiful antique car in his family room!

I found it on the internet, but it's apparently from

a 1958-era Lincoln-Mercury customers' magazine.

Just imagine a beautiful light-filled family room,

perfect for family living and with a view of the outdoors,

with your cherished car right at hand:

1958 Lincoln Living Garage 2.jpg

1958 Lincoln Living Garage 3.jpg

1958 Lincoln Living Garage 1.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 1935Packard said:

Reading this thread makes me want to leave the SF Bay area and move to some place far away where I could build a huge garage.  Of course, being stuck in a small house 24 hours a day can do that, too.  ;)

I have buddies who live in Idaho.  One just bought an extra ranch just to get the kick *ss 40x100 foot stick built car barn.    I'm willing to bet he paid as much for the entire ranch as it would cost you to build a new garage.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, zepher said:

Where's the Pierce Arrows?  😁

Ceiling is too low!

This belongs to a close buddy of mine.   He didn't get to build it until he was almost 70.   40x36 with a full upstairs.   The issue is two carry columns for the second floor,  and the ceiling is only about 8 feet.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2900.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alsancle said:

the ceiling is only about 8 feet.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2900.jpg

I've always loved old trucks, but to keep myself in check from bringing home a big old Mack or such, I limited myself to a seven foot high door and 8 foot ceiling. In retrospect, the high ceiling would have allowed for a double stacker. I had to replace the one piece roll up garage door with a sectional one that completely cleared the opening for the '21 Chevy pickup.

17 hours ago, Pfeil said:

A Ford guy with a spattering of Olds, Cord, Pontiac, Chevy. I doesn't look like you work on the cars though-unless you have another place for that.

Just one of our garages. I will save the shop for another time.

Not much worth seeing in my garage, but it’s spring cleaning time in my “junque room” and I cleaned up the used car lot...

02F49B72-29A7-4122-AF0D-FDDFFC821509.jpeg

• Like 1