Show me your garage.

victorialynn2

25 minutes ago, Bills Auto Works said:

Beautiful Gary! I would love to park next to you at a national show with my 64 GP!

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

that '64 GP and what little I could see of the '67 Marlin (which I was able to identify right away) look nice, too

• Like 1

Man, don't know about the rest of u-al but I'm absolutely glued to this channel.  Victoria-you really started something!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lots of nice pictures, enough to make you want to clean up and get organised. These two get to talk a lot day and night, even more now they are not getting out much. Jo does most of the technical stuff, lets me in there only when I have on my Sunday best !  Lucky there is a small adjoining workshop where she lets me mess about (literally) and store too much stuff!
Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

5B4537E4-A57F-43E0-AB51-B77087E5F314.jpeg

F7B5DAF8-21B4-47DF-B8A9-0B94CD6D495F.jpeg

F4D670C7-8890-4F94-81AB-892FF676E98E.png

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 6:06 AM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Spent the day yesterday  cleaning my shop/garage. As I stated in another blog, it’s all about Genetics......I got the cleaning gene and my sister got the shopping gene.....she is happy and broke, I am happy and clean.....

I like thee idea of tools on the pegboard. As I continue to acquire more tools, my tool box starts to swell. The thought of hanging some up on the wall seems favourable. Takes up little precious floor space. Quick easy view of what you are looking for. Hmm...I am going to consider this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

I like thee idea of tools on the pegboard. As I continue to acquire more tools, my tool box starts to swell. The thought of hanging some up on the wall seems favourable. Takes up little precious floor space. Quick easy view of what you are looking for. Hmm...I am going to consider this.

Keith,  Metric on  the left side and SAE on the right. Your thoughts are on par with mine......

1 hour ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Keith,  Metric on  the left side and SAE on the right. Your thoughts are on par with mine......

Pegboard is a boon to the home mechanic.  Sure beats searching through drawers to find that tool, which I know I put somewhere!

YCB Decal 2.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, Bills Auto Works said:

Thank you Jim!

The Marlin was originally white with red roof & deck & I will eventually do a complete resto back to original. Had the person that decided to change it to black known about block sanding, I may have considered leaving it! I am way too picky to have a wavy car of any color, definitely not black! LOL

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Bill,

You aren't too far from me.  I think I can count on one hand how many '67 Marlins I've seen since they came out.  They got the styling right on it, but too bad it didn't sell as well as the earlier ones.  I worked with a guy in 1974 who had a black '65 or '66 with a 4-speed.  It was a sharp car.

• Like 1

I don't have one.  I rent a garage that was a carriage house.    

I was saving for a second house with plans to build a big pole barn for my cars and stuff,

but that plan seems to have disappeared with my well-paying job.  I might have to use that money just to live.  

I hope to get another well paying job when this is over and build a second house with big garage.  Hard to start over at my age. 

20181210_154553.jpg

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

It's been interesting to see how everyone is hanging their tools where they are easy to see and handy to grab.  Parts departments on the other hand can end up as  one big pile you have to wade through to find what you are looking for.  My wife says she spends half her life looking for things I've put away!  So, in an effort to keep our parts a bit organized, we have been using the "milk carton" method.  The idea came from one of our MG club members and it's really pretty neat for storing small stuff.  We use old milk cartons.  Orange juice cartons work well too, and smell a little nicer.  Once they have been cleaned out, we just open the top all the way and re-use them for small car parts.  The tops are easy to fold to reclose them.  Stacked neatly on the shelves, you can keep them in alphabetical order, numerical order, or any other way that you find easy.  Just use a magic marker to label them.  If you need to change that later, the waxy finish on them enables you to just wipe them clean with a rag and a little windex, or denatured alcohol for those permanent markers.  The photo is a small section of some shelves we built upstairs in one of our closet-sized parts rooms.    Of course bigger parts that won't fit into these containers gets put into boxes and stacked on shelves on the opposite side of the room, but still, labels and keeping things in some kind of order is important. 

Let's see your parts storage ideas in action too-

Terry

Garage shelves.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 9:34 PM, Terry Bond said:

It's been interesting to see how everyone is hanging their tools where they are easy to see and handy to grab.  Parts departments on the other hand can end up as  one big pile you have to wade through to find what you are looking for.  My wife says she spends half her life looking for things I've put away!  So, in an effort to keep our parts a bit organized, we have been using the "milk carton" method.  The idea came from one of our MG club members and it's really pretty neat for storing small stuff.  We use old milk cartons.  Orange juice cartons work well too, and smell a little nicer.  Once they have been cleaned out, we just open the top all the way and re-use them for small car parts.  The tops are easy to fold to reclose them.  Stacked neatly on the shelves, you can keep them in alphabetical order, numerical order, or any other way that you find easy.  Just use a magic marker to label them.  If you need to change that later, the waxy finish on them enables you to just wipe them clean with a rag and a little windex, or denatured alcohol for those permanent markers.  The photo is a small section of some shelves we built upstairs in one of our closet-sized parts rooms.    Of course bigger parts that won't fit into these containers gets put into boxes and stacked on shelves on the opposite side of the room, but still, labels and keeping things in some kind of order is important. 

Let's see your parts storage ideas in action too-

Terry

Garage shelves.jpg

This is the original parts department in the shop.  Some day I will get this all organized.  There is more storage upstairs for a lot more parts and pieces.  Just for you Terry I included the spark plug section of the original parts department - nothing special but it's sure handy to have parts in stock and you can just pick off the shelf.  (the price is always right too)

Don 

20200419_111549.jpg

20200419_122021.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpcdfan said:

File cabinets, apple and banana boxes work great as well!

Wow, you eat a lot of bananas!  Actually that's what I prefer for the bulky stuff.  They are sturdy, stack well and the hand-holes on the ends are perfect.

Love those parts department photos, especially the spark plug section that Don included. 

2 hours ago, 3macboys said:

I included the spark plug section of the original parts department

Aside from the milkorange carton and banana boxes, we also do some pegboard and there are a few nails in the rafters too, for hanging up stuff that just hangs well. 

Terry

On 4/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, Bloo said:

What make/model is that?

Today's 'lockdown' project for son #1 is a power steering conversion for the R30 Skyline wagon. The extra weight of the diesel six means it is a necessity. Having been a base petrol four cylinder model it didn't originally have it.  It means a change of column as the box is different. The necessary parts were on hand. Just needed a convenient day.

IMG_0439 a.JPG

IMG_0440 a.JPG

IMG_0438 a.JPG

IMG_0436 a.JPG

IMG_0437 a.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dpcdfan said:

File cabinets, apple and banana boxes work great as well!

Shop Pics (12).jpg

Fingers crossed for a '28 Chrysler tail light lenses and King pins????????????????????????