WTB TA71 trans

stakeside

I finally looked at a trans in my backyard and it is a W.G. 83-1,the shifter is T83-148D. It has a casting date of 1933 but does have a 4-bolt iron bearing retainer on the front with a throwout bearing on it. Also has a bellhousing on the front,on the back is either a free-wheeling or an overdrive but no brake drum. I looked in the Hollander but couldn't pinpoint the application. Several orphan makes were close. Hopefully you will find what you need at other sources because I wouldn't be too excited about selling just the retainer if it would fit,you probably wouldn't be too excited about having all that iron shipped to you,it's heavy. Holler if interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, stakeside said:

Need front retainer plate for my 29 Dodge truck. I will purchase entire trans if necessary.

Any help will be appreciated since this is the last piece for me to get The truck on the road. I am trying to avoid having the part fabricated $$$$$.

73896AAF-7D77-43D0-9709-A4B6DA358934.thumb.jpeg.694f8c5dd945cfafa77c68c30e8eea9a.jpeg

Still looking for front retainer plate.

10 hours ago, DFeeney said:

Did you post on the Dodge or Dodge truck page?  The parts are out there, you just have to shake the bushes.

Thanks for the suggestion DFeeney, good advice. 

Yeah, he has posted there and on the DB car section a few times without any luck. Sherman and I both need the same retainer and have been shaking bushes in quite a few places. He’s posting here in hopes someone sees this in a different area of the forum. 

The problem is, the retainer was only used on three specific models of Dodge Brothers trucks - U124, DA124, & DA120 all 3/4 tons that were built from 1928-1932.  

They are rare but I’m sure one is out there, just a matter of time before someone comes forward with one. Hopefully this post will jog someone’s memory… Fingers crossed.

Appreciate you taking the time to view it. 

Regards

Dave

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

On 4/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, stakeside said:

Need front retainer plate for my 29 Dodge truck. I will purchase entire trans if necessary.

Any help will be appreciated since this is the last piece for me to get The truck on the road. I am trying to avoid having the part fabricated $$$$$.

73896AAF-7D77-43D0-9709-A4B6DA358934.thumb.jpeg.694f8c5dd945cfafa77c68c30e8eea9a.jpeg

I just came across this a minute ago in a 1947 Hollanders. 

Can anyone confirm I’m reading this right? Shows 1928 Acme 16 1ton and 1927-31 REO DA 1 ton#1463 up to DC used the same trans case T71-1A.

Sherman, if that’s correct then this just expanded our possibilities in finding a donor in the Acme and REO camp. 

Can’t believe I never noticed this before…

Not sure about the Graham truck info for T71-1B, might be a different retainer. Since the Graham Brothers label ended in 1929 my guess is this is the very rare Graham-Paige panel truck that was very limited production. 

At any rate this seems hopeful…

52CC6F06-BBB2-4E0F-A08D-D40D3A8CF50F.jpeg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1