1954 Roadmaster on CL

cjp69

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/saint-paul-1954-buick-roadmaster/7106129923.html

can't tell for sure, are those rust holes on passenger side?

1954 Buick Roadmaster - $3000 (St Paul)

image 4 of 4
00P0P_13lQzafZkJR_600x450.jpg
00M0M_hflPP4BuCuD_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_GZiI8AzKhO_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1954 Buick Roadmaster

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 148000
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

The car runs and drive but does need some work.
Exhaust, and generator are the main things.
Asking $3000 or B.O.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cjp69 said:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/saint-paul-1954-buick-roadmaster/7106129923.html

can't tell for sure, are those rust holes on passenger side?

When I enlarge on my screen, they surely look like it!  But a running, titled, 2 dr ht roadmaster for 3k???  @MrEarl if you were a younger man, I'd suggest we figure out how to get this to the gardens.  It has both sideview mirrors, maybe I need to buy this car... LOL

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

This has been for sale for some time. I think I inquired about it when I WAS a young man and there must have been a reason I didn't go after it. In fact I think it was because I never got a reply. But not for me now, in fact I've been considering selling my DoraB, the one owner 80K mile Gulf Turquoise and White 76R. But sure as heck not at anywhere near as cheap as THIS!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrEarl said:

This has been for sale for some time. I think I inquired about it when I WAS a young man and there must have been a reason I didn't go after it. In fact I think it was because I never got a reply. But not for me now, in fact I've been considering selling my DoraB, the one owner 80K mile Gulf Turquoise and White 76R. But sure as heck not at anywhere near as cheap as THIS!!!!

LOL  I just emailed them.  Asked for interior and underside photos.... we'll see as they say.  There was no phone #   Might be a "too good to be true" "people got time to look at CL" kinda thing.

• Like 2

If I lived closer to Minnesota, this would be in my garage by now. Yes, I see rust holes down low on RF and RR sides, but the ad says the car runs and drives, and for a Minnesota car that's 66 years old, it sure looks good to me! $3,000 purchase price leaves a lot of dollars on the table to make repairs and upgrades. And it's a top-of-the-line two-door hardtop with power steering and power brakes (standard on the Roadmasters). What's not to like???😃

• Like 3

I got a 3 speed just itchin' for a car... haven't been able to sell it.   The 3spd roady Buick never made. Ha ha ha ha ha.  Minnesota is a long ride, but whats the harm in a road trip.  No response to my email yet, btw....

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Lamar beat me to this.  This was discussed on this forum last year.  

If I recall, and someone could resurrect the thread, but this seller is not too cooperative with information and photos.   But CL ads cost money now, so who knows.  

I believe there was some discussion regarding whether this was truly an Onyx Black car. 2 showed up at the same time last year if my memory serves.  The other one was a nicer Oklahoma car.    

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here's the thread from last year.  Didn't learn any more then.  I don't know why anyone posts an ad then doesn't respond.  Maybe the only thing they'll respond to is "I've seen enough, and want to come give cash right now".

• Thanks 2

Ten more years of sitting outside locally have not improved its appeal! Some may remember a 1955 Super 2dr Ht ps factory stick car. He tried for two years, finally went to Sweden for princely sum of 1800.00, but it ran and drove reliably! I bought some spare pts. He hated to lose $ but just could have sittn around in the suburbs. Did someone say corona? Oh yeah, they be flockn over there! Just sayn sunami? $$$$

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)

Jake. Its a sign of the times! Very troubling to even think about going to risk corona exposure to go look! Lots of folks acting complacent! My wifes a nurse in an ICU. We have to pay attention! We cant risk taking it into the hosp when she goes in! When the caregivers get sick whos gonna take care of you? Time to be aware, not worry hoe good a deal that car is if I risk death at 70 years old to go look! Most of the Mn club members are older than I am! Lets start taking this more seriously!

• Like 2