Coronavirus Cabin Fever Therapy - Car Quiz #8

Guest Mark McAlpine

Guest Mark McAlpine

And now for something different:  a time to show that most of us watched way too much television even before the coronavirus hit.  Well, all those wasted hours are going to pay off a little bit.  Identify the cars featured in television shows.  Most of the TV shows in the questions are from the 1960s to 1980s--cars don't seem to play as prominent a role in shows of the 1990s to present day

Have fun!  Be safe and stay healthy.

Car Quiz - 8.jpg

My two favorites:

#1  What was the only car Otis (The town drunk) had in Mayberry (Andy Grifith Show)

#2  What kind of car dod Aunt Bea have on the same show?

Otis had a 1933 Ford Roadster

Aunt Bea had a 1955 Ford Sunliner

• Like 1

I only got three of these, I'm not a big TV person (with the exception of televised sports). And I got the My Mother the Car car and the Monkeemobile because model kits have been issued of them. The only one I've actually watched is Dukes of Hazzard, and once I realized how many Chargers they destroyed, I refused to watch it ever again. 

Yep, #1,  Get Smart later drove a Karmann Ghia!👍

You left off Studebakers in Mr. Ed. 😉

Guest Mark McAlpine
21 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Tough one, got 3, you left off the easy ones like Don's Miami Vice Ferrari Testarossa!

Good suggestion (and nice car)!  I'll include it in a future quiz.  Thanks!

Guest Mark McAlpine
21 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

My two favorites:

#1  What was the only car Otis (The town drunk) had in Mayberry (Andy Grifith Show)

#2  What kind of car dod Aunt Bea have on the same show?

More good suggestions (and challenging ones)--thanks!  I'll include them in a future quiz.

Otis had a 1933 Ford Roadster

Aunt Bea had a 1955 Ford Sunliner

Guest Mark McAlpine
21 hours ago, LARRYCAROL said:

just a note on get smart, sunbeam tiger was later replaced by vw Carmen Ghia when vw became their sponsor.

I didn't remember that--I guess I need to watch some Get Smart reruns to refresh my memory.  Thanks!  I can use this in a future quiz, too.

Guest Mark McAlpine
17 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

I only got three of these, I'm not a big TV person (with the exception of televised sports). And I got the My Mother the Car car and the Monkeemobile because model kits have been issued of them. The only one I've actually watched is Dukes of Hazzard, and once I realized how many Chargers they destroyed, I refused to watch it ever again. 

Only getting three of cars correct is not a bad thing--it shows that, unlike me, you didn't waste a lot of time watching TV.  

I remember making the model of the Monkeemobile when I was a kid.  (That brings back memories.  I assembled a lot of model cars, planes, ships, and classic movie monsters, as a child.)  I don't remember the My Mother the Car model kit.  Was it just the car or did it come with some sort of diorama base?