Sold-Hard To Find 1965 Power Seat Lower Trim Bracket

Riviera63

I have for sale a 1965 power seat lower trim bracket. This is the rear bracket for the outer trim piece that would move with the seat as it moves up and down. It mounts between the bottom of the seat frame and the top of the seat track. This rear bracket is different than the rear bracket for the 1963-1964 outer trim pieces (the 1963-1964 outer trim piece is different also).  The last 2 photos show where it would be located on the trim piece. Trim piece not included. These are hard to find. $15.00 shipped. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

65 Outer Trim 1.jpg

65 Outer Trim 2.jpg

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)

2 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hi Bill,

Are you selling just the metal bracket?

Is the black plastic trim piece included, or for sale separately?

Thanks,

I am just selling the metal bracket. The trim piece was just shown to show the position of the bracket. I had that piece for sale last month on the forum and it sold to another member. Thanks.

Bill

65VerdeGS

low dollar approach:
here's a template I made. I used it to fashion a doubled up aluminum roof flashing and covered it in vinyl. Drove 2 sheet metal screws where the rivets were.

PM me your address I will cut a copy of the template to you if you are interested. Steve 9236

seat trim 1.jpg

seat trim 2.jpg

On 4/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, gungeey said:

low dollar approach:
here's a template I made. I used it to fashion a doubled up aluminum roof flashing and covered it in vinyl. Drove 2 sheet metal screws where the rivets were.

PM me your address I will cut a copy of the template to you if you are interested. Steve 9236

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your offer of a template for the seat base - good idea!

Until I find all the right brackets and pieces to get it as per factory, I'm using two plastic seat base moldings that approximate the look of the original bases. I got one for the drivers and one for the passenger side from a friend who restores Buicks.  I'm not sure which car they came from, but suspect they came from another '60's Buick as they fit under the seats reasonably well.  I painted them my dark green to match my interior and nobody would know they aren't correct unless they knew what to look for.  Here's the driver's side, held in place with one screw. 

image.png.4c2ea53a6019add5d8e1f2d41ed104cc.png

As I leave the power seat in the same position most the time, the base molding just rides there, held by the single screw.  If I move the seat the molding pops off the screw hole so it won't slide with the seat as the original would.  No big deal.

Thanks again for your offer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kegart said:

They fit good and look great.

I have both the inner and outer trim pieces from Gene. I have not installed mine yet but, the fit is good with the brackets. I will probably cover with interior seat vinyl so they will have the grain as original. These won't break like the original, old, brittle plastic ones.

Bill

8 hours ago, kegart said:

I painted mine to match interior. Wrapping with vinyl would look great. 

I probably would have painted them but, I have vinyl left over from recovering my armrests. Clark's only sells vinyl by the yard. I have plenty left over, even for mistakes. 

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • Riviera63 changed the title to Sold-Hard To Find 1965 Power Seat Lower Trim Bracket