Does anyone know what happened to this Imperial roadster?

Ed Luddy

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I feel like the sign is photo-shopped in.

I disagree, because the guy is clearly using his cell phone to  ask his wife for permission to spend $100 on what appears to be a really great deal.

Cheers,

Grog

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

I feel like the sign is photo-shopped in.

I've seen this photo decades back, and a different photo taken from the front of the car.

I do agree the sign in this colorized one has been enhanced some, as the original black & white photo was quite fuzzy.

Craig

42 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

I've seen this photo decades back, and a different photo taken from the front of the car.

I do agree the sign in this colorized one has been enhanced some, as the original black & white photo was quite fuzzy.

Craig

Maybe an early photo shop?   It is actually pretty amazing what they were able to do with no computers.

3 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Maybe an early photo shop?   It is actually pretty amazing what they were able to do with no computers.

For years, older photos were either airbrushed, or used hand-tinting with colored oils, etc.  Portrait photos were most often enhanced with facial imperfections removed by hand, long before digital photography or Photoshop. 

Craig

To answer the original posters question. As far as survival rate figure only 10 percent survived after 10 years. And then the numbers go down from there. There is one small chance in 1000 that it survived. It was bought as a used car and drove like one back in the day.