Want to Buy Franklin Script

I am looking for a metal name plate or script that Says FRANKLIN.... so People can Identify the make of my car: 1930 model 145 Franklin Sedan   Must be reasonably priced, have very little extra income to spend.... Can be very old and used, even rusty or tarnished... here is a photo of a nice bright , new looking one... and a photo of the car needing one

P5090439.JPG

DSC07045.JPG

• 1 month later...

I just installed my script today. Tapped the script for 6-32 screw to secure; that based on the holes on each end that was already in my new repo script.  Worked fine but do not know if this is standard.

Posted (edited)

Rich,

The script in my picture, that sunny posted above, is a repro cast from the orginal mold of the Syracuse NY foundry that made them for the Franklin factory. It's mounted exactly like the originals would be,  with round head chromed plated machine screws through the script and grill shell edge to nuts and lock washers inside. 

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
Posted (edited)

Tks Paul.  I just decided to tap the script holes rather than put lock washer and nut on inside; much easier than holding a lock washer and nut with a magnet to start. Think the screw that I originally had to install this with was a 5-40 but 6-32 would fit tapped.  My car is definitely not concours, but don't think anyone would tell the difference in diameter of screw heads; almost the same.
In fact, that script is probably the best thing about the whole car !!lol
EDIT>>  PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM SIGNING OUT AS 'RICHARD DRYMAN' AND SIGNING IN AS 'FRANKLIN31'.
THAT  WAS MY NAME EARLIER (AND I FORGOT THAT--HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MANY BIRTHDAYS & HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THE FRANKLIN FOR A WHILE).  SORRY !!
DIFFERENT MEMBER NAME--SAME PERSON --SAME '31 VICTORIA BROUGHAM.

Edited by Richard Dryman
PROFILE NAME CHANGE (see edit history)