WILL WORK FOR TOILET PAPER

I recently finished prostate radiation treatments at Emory University Cancer center and had no issues. During my last week I thought I might have a way to get a smile out of the people at the facility. I made a sign that said " WILL WORK FOR TOILET PAPER" and hung it around my neck with a test lead. When I walked into the facility  the staff cracked up. They took a picture and blew it up and put it on the bulletin board that you see when you first enter the building. Make your own sign and wear it when you go out when needed and watch the response you get. Take care and stay safe. Steve and Brenda Rinaldo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Glad you are doing well and are back to your usual self Strve, now get back to work on that Maxwell.

Be safe,

Terry

• Like 1

At this time of need, it's important that we all do our part to conserve our nation's limited supply of toilet paper. It is desirable that we all follow the old military guideline of using three sheets only. Remember, "One up, one down and one to polish!"

• Haha 1

Prayers that Steve Rinaldo will continue his recovery, and will continue to share his sense of humor with us,

and will continue to tour with us

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Steve continually puts the "ZIP" in the tune "Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah" (from the Disney movie "Song of the South" as sung by Uncle Remus), which he and I sang together at a museum while on the AACA 2018 Sentimental Tour, a 2-hub tour basing in Natchez and Vicksburg, Mississippi

While the Joel Chandler Harris stories are considered not politically correct today, the song still brings a smile: 

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Why is no one in the world surprised that you would do that!  Most importantly hoping you are on the road to good health.  Why not promote your radio show here so folks can listen while they are stuck at home?  

This should have 100 likes.  Tell me more about the radio show

Yes, get HEALTHY again!

As for "Song of the South"? I saw that oh so many years ago. Even at my age then, I considered it a wonderful look at a time and place in history. Political correctness is crap (my apologies). The Uncle Remus stories are legendary and should be celebrated. I would really like to see it again.

"Those who do not learn history, are doomed to repeat it."  Loosely quoted and translated, Spanish historian and philosopher George Santayana.

I could go on, but I think I should stop here.

• Haha 1

Well the SotS DVD was not available from the usual places but was able to find at Classic Movies. Hadn't thought of it for years but will add to my collection when it gets here. Is supposed to have the Tar Baby scene.

Take care of yourself Steve stay healthy and yes you have a wonderful sense of humor and nothing you do surprises me. Buy the way how many rolls did you earn because I will trade for some 1910 T parts if you have extra. 

Joe 

Guest Mark McAlpine

Glad to hear that you received a clean bill of health and are doing well, Steve.  As Steve M suggested, please post a link to your radio show.  Post a copy of the photo of your with the sign, too.  Thanks!

Be safe and stay healthy!  

Edited by Mark McAlpine
Added line (see edit history)