Auto Hobby Job Opportunity - All Online!

Peter Gariepy

Remarkable opportunity for the right person.¬† (Hell, even the wrong person!)¬†ūüėÉ

• Know cars?
  • Know the car hobby?
  • Can work crazy hours?¬† 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week I mean.
  • Technically savvy? (or at least moderately savvy)
  • Have thick skin? (I'm mean really thick skin, skull too!)
  • Don't mind doing an insane amount¬†of work and letting others get all the credit?
  • OK being the target of ridicule¬†and anger over virtually nothing?
  • Know how to go around in circles¬†over and over again.
  • Do the right thing and be ok being labeled "the bad guy!"
  • And the most important... don't mind working for free!

Become an AACA Moderator!

Email and let's talk!

Peter Gariepy
petergariepy@gmail.com

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Remarkable opportunity for the right person.¬† (Hell, even the wrong person!)¬†ūüėÉ

• Know cars?
  • Know the car hobby?
  • Can work crazy hours?¬† 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week I mean.
  • Technically savvy? (or at least moderately savvy)
  • Have thick skin? (I'm mean really thick skin, skull too!)
  • Don't mind doing an insane amount¬†of work and letting others get all the credit?
  • OK being the target of ridicule¬†and anger over virtually nothing?
  • Don't mind working for free?

Become and AACA Moderator!

Email and let's talk!

Peter Gariepy
petergariepy@gmail.com

Peter,

I am sure you realize that except for the first two items on your list you described many people in the Information Technology profession. I am in that profession as well and also fit the first two items.¬†ūüėĀ

• Like 1

I'd volunteer- even when these health related restrictions are lifted my life will be pretty much the same- but every day I learn more and more how little I truly know #1 and #2 on the list. 

I literally dented our Chevrolet Citation with my skull, as well! 

For Peter I think he knows what it feels like to be a cop - no one wants to see you, no one wants to hear from you and everyone knows exactly how you should be doing your job - oh and rarely does someone say thanks, but when they need you or want you they want you right now.  The fact that 95% of the people here don't know what being a Moderator entails, myself included, says that they are doing an extremely good job.  Peter has posted an opening for someone to join the ranks and with well over 400 views I'm not sure if anyone has put their hand up.  Think about the last time you got a parking ticket.  How mad you were at the person that wrote the ticket when that No Parking Sign was right at the front bumper of the car in plain sight and really you ought to have known better.   Somehow it's still someone else's fault that you got the ticket, but when you are driving by the elementary school and all those cars are stopped in the No Stopping Zone and you really wish that there was someone writing parking tickets to all those parents because how dare they break the law, but just don't ticket me when I do it.  That's the job that we are asking of the Moderator's, oh and they do it for free.  

To Peter and the rest of the Moderator's a big thank you.

For everyone else remember the rules are clearly posted, plenty of leeway is provided, warnings are provided and it is only when you back them into a corner that you force them to take action to something that YOU did, not them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As long as do not have to deal with people (am good at building data centers, not so at telling people what to do with them).

Also my views (was building restomods aka race cars before the term existed) are not necessarily politically correct (think I'd fit right into the 1935 AACA).

So if need technical help, be glad to.