140 Vintage Car Collection by Moonwalk house inventor

Look inside Moonwalk bounce house inventor's 140 vintage car collection which is up for auction after the gas station owner made offers on vehicles he spotted people riding around town

• Former Kansas gas station owner Bob Regehr invented the iconic Moonwalk bounce house - a carnival favorite - a half century ago 
  •  Regehr also amassed an incredible collection of vintage cars, including 140 which are to be auctioned later this year
  • Regehr built the collection by making offers to owners when he'd spot them riding around town
  • The collection has almost two dozen Fords from 1932, a 1949 Cadillac, several 1957 Chevy Bel Airs, a 1959 Nash Metropolitan and a 1979 Ferrari 308 GTD
  • The youngest vehicle is a convertible Ford Mustang GT from 1987 and rarest is a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Indy 500 Pace Car. Only 43 were built

Regehr's collection has almost two dozen Fords from 1932

A Chevrolet Bel Air with a white hard top is pictured from the collection. Regehr had several

A classic red Buick convertible with its signature chrome grill from Regehr's collection

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Sure is a lot of private collections coming up for sale! It should lower the price of 57 Chevy's with so many coming back to market.

What really will lower the price of things is the corona crisis .Down here nothing happens anymore in that field .I am lucky that i don't have horses because these need food everyday and my cars will just sit  it out .Countless businesses will go broke and the extra money to play with will be gone also .In the meantime i wish everybody good luck because the mayority of these old car enthousiasts  are in the danger zone (over 65)

47 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Sure is a lot of private collections coming up for sale! It should lower the price of 57 Chevy's with so many coming back to market.

Ed, I don't know about lowering the prices on 1957 Chevrolets. They seem to be one of the few cars that prices do not come down. It really is too early to say what will be.  My wife works in the medical field, and she tells me the day to day on the virus. It is very  serious, but they are making great strides in such a short time as far as testing,  getting supplies, and a vaccine. I am optimistic, and hopeful. But with all of this going on, the '57 Chevy will still be up there in price. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John S. said:

Ed, I don't know about lowering the prices on 1957 Chevrolets. They seem to be one of the few cars that prices do not come down. It really is too early to say what will be.  My wife works in the medical field, and she tells me the day to day on the virus. It is very  serious, but they are making great strides in such a short time as far as testing,  getting supplies, and a vaccine. I am optimistic, and hopeful. But with all of this going on, the '57 Chevy will still be up there in price. 

Who really knows?

I use the 57 Chevy as a gauge in the market. Prices have bhers.een dropping slowly as we 50's kids already have the car we want, or move on to others

29 minutes ago, John S. said:

• Like 1

Ed, one of my favorite cars is the 1957 Chevy. I had a convertible back in 1973, 74. I loved it. It was a 235 six with a Powerglide. One of the most dependable car I ever owned. Would love to get it back. Looking at the convertible and Nomads, their prices are still high. But Ed, you are right. Who really knows.

• Like 2

One can purchase a basically correctly restored ‘57 Bel Air Convert for 60k here in our market....check FB Marketplace. I have seen prices softening on these cars. I agree with Ed that the ‘57 is a pretty good barometer of the condition of the under 100K market. I have seen some decline in the top ‘57 models.

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

One can purchase a basically correctly restored ‘57 Bel Air Convert for 60k here in our market....check FB Marketplace. I have seen prices softening on these cars. I agree with Ed that the ‘57 is a pretty good barometer of the condition of the under 100K market. I have seen some decline in the top ‘57 models.

Jeff, I know the car that you are talking about, and I agree with you, but as Ed accurately put it, "Who really knows!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John S. said:

John , OK , i hope the same thing , vaccin ? next year ! 100.000 to 240.000 casualties is what your big man pronounces in the coming time .I Surely hope not and in that case some members from this list will be in heaven also .I still wish everybody comes trough it unharmed !I play with my old cars and I stay home

I chose the 57 Chevrolet as a " barometer car' .  I prefer a 57 Chrysler,  a 57 Ford,  a 57 Studebaker Hawk, then Dodge, Mercury, and Plymouth over the Chevy. I know I'm in a minority here but I like what I like!

"

• Like 1

A more popular choice now in 2020 would be 1968-70 Dodge Chargers or 1969 Camaro's for a "Barometer car" maybe?

I'm a senior now and these cars have left a lot of others of the era behind. I had a chance to check out a nice 1969 Camaro today. Very original. Still has some factory paint. Floors and chassis never touched. It does need work, but the way I see it, there are more restored, cloned, modified, rebodied, race car 1969 Camaro's than originals now. So just make a mechanically safe driver and preserve it's true" patina" vs. fake" patina".

boatnstuff 011.jpg

boatnstuff 015.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 5:03 PM, Ed Luddy said:

I was thinking on starting a new topic on so many vast collections that have been and coming up at auction. Is there anyone out there building new collections. 

With these large auctions will it flood the market enough to affect the price?

Here is one collection with 80 pages in the catalog.  https://www.mecum.com/auctions/vannoy-2020/lots/featured/

As for 57 Chevy's Haggerty shows they are slipping in price.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 4:03 PM, Ed Luddy said:

Not if this sale is anything like the 2013 Nebraska Lambrecht Chevy sale.

"59 and '60 Chevys with weeds growing through the floors were bringing $4-6 grand....... :wacko:

6 hours ago, cahartley said:

Not if this sale is anything like the 2013 Nebraska Lambrecht Chevy sale.

"59 and '60 Chevys with weeds growing through the floors were bringing $4-6 grand....... :wacko:

That was then. Seven years and a global pandemic are giving the market a badly needed haircut!

• Like 1