1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe - Not Mine - SOLD!

1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe for sale on Ebay  -  Time Capsule, 51k Original Miles, Stunning!  -  No Reserve  -  Call: (719)289-8648

This car is in Colorado  (I forgot to state this on the original post... but it is stated in the Seller's Description from Ebay)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Plymouth-Special-Deluxe-Deluxe/402186646943?hash=item5da431359f:g:l-QAAOSwnZRefWBs

Seller's Description: 

True time capsule 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe.  Purchased by the current owner in 1987 from the estate of the deceased widow of the original owner.  Sold brand new here in Pueblo, Colorado and has remained here ever since.  Absolutely stunning jet black over an original unmolested and super straight virgin body.  The body is as solid and tight as a brand new Camry, doors, hood, windows, trunk all operate and fit like a brand new car, which it basically is with ONLY 51,745 actual miles.  Car has been loved and pampered and stored in climate controlled storage since 1987 and has always been garaged since new and it shows.  One professional repaint about 10 years ago and a full mechanical rebuild in July 2018, I have documentation of what was done that I can email to interested parties.  Incredibly quiet and smooth running 217.8 cubic inch Inline Flathead 6 Cylinder engine and smooth shifting 3-speed manual transmission, it runs and drives like a dream, no disappointments.  The brown upholstery you see  is actually high quality super snug fitting seat covers from the 50s and the original gray cloth upholstery is underneath and is like new.  Beautiful glass, trim, dash, steering wheel, etc. all original to the car.  Zero rust ever.   A car like this does not come along very often, and are only original once.  Original spare tire, jack and a box of vintage 50s tire chains in the trunk!  Equipped with aftermarket seatbelts for safety.  I am selling this gorgeous Plymouth for the second owner in his mid 80s and is the last car in his distinguished collection to be sold.  Clear Colorado Title in his name from 1987.  If you have any questions or require additional photos please email or call (719)289-8648.  This is a NO RESERVE Auction!  I can help assist in setting up very affordable transportation of vehicle to it’s new home if desired.  Thanks for looking and good luck!  

image.png.386f35aa4470478bb6ca2fb68d32a76b.pngimage.png.de1635d260aeebac57e970e65c44beca.pngimage.png.40acf15b2937bf951ce2f39410a3ff14.pngimage.png.2288b63525adddfc4d6630d0cc2bbb17.pngimage.png.8467ccecbb656258f5c4e2d320349af4.pngimage.png.c28d24515f978e3f21da52f1ad2a8ab7.pngimage.png.f93e3f14c9580d4579bb4b9f2296e2c9.pngimage.png.9eaac1c1cdb99aa25413831461753835.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update "SOLD" status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, John S. said:

Lot of cool cars showing up for sale. Thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, neil morse said:

Another pristine MoPar!  It will be really interesting to see what this one goes for.

The seller is a gentleman in his mid 80s who is selling off his collection. 

The last auction was for his 1956 Chrysler Windsor.  Final bid was $21,326.00    https://www.ebay.com/itm/402145803943

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
fix typo (see edit history)

21 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

The body is as solid and tight as a brand new Camry,

I guess I have never had occasion to test the body of a Camry.

Cant say that I have ever even ridden in one.

But have ridden and driven quite a few old  Plymouths and this one looks good to me.

Although the terms "only original once" and 'repaint' as well as 'full mechanical rebuild' don't really belong in the same ad. (not that there is really any thing wrong with those upgrades).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

From what I have read of old reports, 

Chrysler products were known to be some of

the most reliable cars of the early 1950's.

Thanks for pointing out this example, Fin-Seeker.

John I acquired an all original 52 Plymouth last year that was a simple overheating fix for 1700 which I now drive to work 3 days a week. It is original front to back and runs quieter then my new Tundra and gets better gas mileage. The Flat 6 is an incredible motor.  Such a simple car to work on as well. Parts everywhere.  I always thought of the plymouth as "every mans car".  After WW 2 it is the car I picture in every vets driveway as they start a family, bought that first house in Levittown, and went to work at Grumman every morning.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John S. said:

Brooklyn Beer, I owned a '53 Cranbrook , and it was bulletproof.  There is a '57 for sale here with a six , stick setup. Good looking car, that will be fun to drive, and you won't see another like it at shows. 

That 57 would fill the gap between the 53 and the 63 nicely.  Looking hard at it.

• Like 1