Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My mechanical skills and experience extends to all things prior to 1950. I am currently working on a hot-rod, which has a 70's Mopar engine fitted. Can anyone help identify what these two items are? It would save me sitting on Google for a couple of hours. Many thanks. Mike



Link to post
Share on other sites

The one on the firewall is the voltage regulator used on post-1970 Mopars. It matches to a Mopar squareback alternator, or a 1970 roundback. The key is the alternator must have 2 insulated brushes to work with that regulator.


The second is, as mentioned, a vacuum valve, with a 3rd port for an air bleed. I recognize it, and have seen a gazillion of them, but I can't remember what it is used for. With more info about which motor you have and what it came out of, I might be able to guess... or not. I sure am drawing a blank right now.


Possibly it operated a canister purge valve or a vacuum operated heat riser? Maybe something to do with timing? How many hose connections are on the distributor?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...