Assistance Appreciated.

Any correct Period Parts considered.

> HEADLIGHTS - LARGE TYPE

> HEAD LIGHT 8 BAR 

> COWL LIGHTS 

> WING RADIATOR CAP - LARGE TYPE.

> DASH EMBLEM - THE PRESIDENT

Frank 

A good idea to include the model designation since Studebaker had a number of models at the time and Studebaker did not have "year specific" models. In other words a car you are referring to as a '28 might have been titled a '28 because it was sold in '28 but considered a '29 model year by collectors today. I say this because you list a winged radiator cap when the '28s had the Atalanta cap and the '29's used the winged cap. In fact most of the various parts you list will not interchange between the 1928 and 1929 President. You will find the model designation on a small plate on the firewall. If a '28 it would have a FA or FB prefix, if a '29 a FE or FH prefix. Of course a photo would also quickly answer the question.  I do have NOS headlights for the '28 but not '29.  

8 hours ago, studeq said:

A good idea to include the model designation since Studebaker had a number of models at the time and Studebaker did not have "year specific" models. In other words a car you are referring to as a '28 might have been titled a '28 because it was sold in '28 but considered a '29 model year by collectors today. I say this because you list a winged radiator cap when the '28s had the Atalanta cap and the '29's used the winged cap. In fact most of the various parts you list will not interchange between the 1928 and 1929 President. You will find the model designation on a small plate on the firewall. If a '28 it would have a FA or FB prefix, if a '29 a FE or FH prefix. Of course a photo would also quickly answer the question.  I do have NOS headlights for the '28 but not '29.  

??? Have you not been reading all the comments and thread lines? He has a 131" wheelbase model 1928 "FA" President "FA-T2" Tourer with a custom Roadster body with the winged Studebaker accents. So therefore he needs a radiator cap, headlights and winged cowl lights.

13 hours ago, Touts said:

STUDEBAKER PARTS WANTED URGENTLY :

For Restoration Project.

Parts for 1928 Studebaker.

Assistance Appreciated.

Any correct Period Parts considered.

> HEADLIGHTS - LARGE TYPE

> HEAD LIGHT 8 BAR 

> COWL LIGHTS 

> WING RADIATOR CAP - LARGE TYPE.

> DASH EMBLEM - THE PRESIDENT

Frank 

Frank,

I spoke to my brother and other than the "Made in USA" radiator emblem you need, we have extras of everything. I sent you a message. I will be going over to his place in the next day or two and gathering together everything and will send you pictures.

Rex, 

The car Frank has is an FA President with an FB engine. Which would have had the 1929 winged lights and 8 bar and the squared off radiator shell

If it was an FA President with the FA engine and the rounded radiator shell then it would have had the "8" lights and the wreathed "8" headlight bar and the screw on Atalanta Goddess.

His FA is the 1929 style with the wings.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, 29StudiePrez said:

Rex, 

The car Frank has is an FA President with an FB engine. Which would have had the 1929 winged lights and 8 bar and the squared off radiator shell

If it was an FA President with the FA engine and the rounded radiator shell then it would have had the "8" lights and the wreathed "8" headlight bar and the screw on Atalanta Goddess.

His FA is the 1929 style with the wings.

Hi all, I have found a new place to play.

I acknowledge my car is confusing.

I appreciate you clearing up the light insignia (winged / wreathed “8”) great information.

Yes it is now agreed that the car is as StudiePrez has described.

1929 Studebaker President FA 8 modified 131” State Tourer/ Roadster .

Engine# FB 10336.

I have been actively preparing the vehicle for a light restoration which should begin shortly.

For those who have been following, I have now rectified the (drink driving prevention) Accelerator issue. As it turned out it wasn’t too complicated and needed the “Foot Pad” only part to be cut and reversed allowing me to reposition it to the correct position.

My current  focus is to make the required authentic original items available with the additional restoration and re chroming of acquired parts being carried out.

I have an important (for me) request.

🙏Could anyone please inform me of a quality manufacturer or supplier of FB 10336 - 8 Cylinder Engine service parts .

I believe I have sourced a Carter BB1 Service kit .

Items Specifically required :

> Full Engine gasket set.

> Twin Spark Distributor Cap and Points and Leads .

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I have had no success to date.

Also I’m envious and blown away by the Photos posted by StudeRex, A truely impressive collection.

Frank 315BFE7D-1C55-4AE3-918C-4A52653F9E3F.thumb.jpeg.940192d75989bb7e305d2036ababfe9e.jpeg69BBC162-6022-4190-B122-B7C3149DF178.thumb.jpeg.000dcb9f1e435e50cc929b0be9c114c0.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I think the distributor cap for a 1950-ish Packard 8 (and lots of other cars) also fits.  Rock Auto lists Standard Motor Products cap DR196 for $9.03.  .Also on Ebay, Amazon, etc.  At that price, it's worth a try.  The Packard firing order was 16258374;  I think your engine is the same order but I don't have a shop manual for FA/FB cars.

• 6 months later...