Tony D.

1990 Riviera

Teves brakes not working, I have to push pedal very hard to stop, trouble codes are rear&front wheel speed senser. Car has 88k miles.  

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Is the pedal hard like the booster isn't working? Is there a difference when the engine is running or not running? Do you have a normal pedal height or is it low?

Hey, The pedal is the same engine on or off,and the pedal is near the top. It does feel like the booster is not working. Do you know where the relay for the ABS is? Thanks!

The ABS isn't right but that's not causing the hard pedal. Focus on the booster problem. Is it a vacuum booster or a hydroboost?

I think it is a hydro boost it has a small ball, I cannot see a vacuum line to the teves unit, and it does not have a regular vacuum booster like my other cars

Does the power steering work easily? Is the fluid in the reservoir low or foamy? Is the belt loose or squealing?

Posted (edited)

Oh you have the teves electrically driven booster.  Not that popular. If you google 90 Riviera teves antilock brake booster there are some tutorials on how they work and troubleshooting. There are boosters and parts for sale. It could be no power or the booster motor itself.  I don't know a lot about these. Hydroboost brakes ran off the power steering pump and had hydraulic hoses running to and from the booster.

Edited by misterc9 (see edit history)