heat riser in manifold.

psychostang

Ok, I have a quick question about the heat riser system in the stock intake manifold.  I'm switching to an Edelbrock AVS 2 carb.  It doesn't have the heat riser channel which corresponds to the channel on the intake manifold.  I remember on a thread, that someone who was no longer using the heat riser channel had them blocked off.  Was this done in the manifold, or in the head?

Also, is there an aftermarket replacement intake manifold for the Wildcat engine?

Blocked off at the intake manifold.  Still need heat in the manifold to help flash the cat pee used as gasoline today.  The stock manifold is of an equivalent air gap manifold.   IF the source at the heads is blocked the carb. will also most always hesitate.  Blocking at the heads is mostly for racing.

The ONLY replacement intake is aluminum & ONLY comes in 3x2 &  2x4.  There was talk about producing an equivalent 1x4 in aluminum but it never materialized.  Would be great if it was done as it would save some weight & be easier to handle/install/remove.

Tom T.