"WRENCHING" ON YOUR CAR OR TRUCK

Marty Roth

• Marty Roth changed the title to "WRENCHING" ON YOUR CAR OR TRUCK

I got real ,Annette and I got the air on her 76 Cutlass working ,Got Angelicas mgb out got the elec right .Got the time on the Oakland right thanks to Carl K ,took it for a short ride .Finished the last few thinks on the 66 Fury ,ready for touring . Now back working on the 29 LaSallle ,replacing most of the wood . King32   Marty say happy birtday to Dale for Chris and I 

• Like 1

Taking a break right now from working on an MGB transmission.  Have a newly acquired set of antique bookcases to refinish too but that'll wait until I replace the starter on the GTO.  Next project is rebuilding the front cross member and suspension on the 72 MGB that is under restoration currently.  Yesterday was splitting firewood.  Neighbors took down a big tree and the four of us managed to man-handle 43" slices of tree and split them into fire-place sized pieces. Not bad for a bunch of old farts!

Terry

I get a need to sign in to AOL page.

1 hour ago, Dandy Dave said:

Say, Is that just a little out of balance? 

Hi Dave,

... and you know some folks consider me "a little out of balance", too

hope you're warm and safe

• Haha 1

Link works now.

Looks like the guy was out rock crawling, twisted the driveshaft, and this was how he was going to get back home.  A good MacGyver solution with the sacrifice of only a couple of wrenches.  Do those guys really bring welders with them when they go off-road? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When traveling cross-country in my antique car, I always bring way too much “stuff “, but never brought a welder ....

(hmmm?) maybe if I tow a utility trailer? 
Nahhh - if it ever got to that point, my JC Taylor Towing coverage would get me to a friend , somebody like a Mark Shaw, or Dandy Dave, or so many others around the country to get us back “On The Road Again”, like Willie Nelson sings it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Hi Dave,

Well everyone you know you are a bit out of balance when you own a car that accommodates 7 passengers ,  to make it "even" balance wise you need 8. BUT those of us who do own 7 passenger cars have a saying " you know you're in heaven with a car that seats seven". 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Hi Dave,

I resemble that remark. Dandy Dave! 

• Haha 1

Big U-joint, thin-wall tube, lots of torque from the engine/transmission, and trying to climb over a big rock in an off-road vehicle.  Note how the green tube is welded over whatever went to the rear U-joint.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 10:47 AM, Gary_Ash said:

Link works now.

Looks like the guy was out rock crawling, twisted the driveshaft, and this was how he was going to get back home.  A good MacGyver solution with the sacrifice of only a couple of wrenches.  Do those guys really bring welders with them when they go off-road? 

Yes welders, air compressors-you name it as some of the serious off roaders have everything they need for all kinds of repairs