George Albright

Anybody got a cheap brass era project for sale ? Leads?

Looking for a cheap, up to $5,000 brass era project for sale. No Ford model Ts and no chassis sitting outside for decades . Looking for something to do. Leads appreciated! Thanks George Albright,Ocala Florida. Email gnalbright@gmail.com 

Not sure Brass Era and Cheep come in the same sentence George. I did know of a Metz in bushel baskets and boxes a while back. I could check for you if your interested in a Metz.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response. Thought I’d stir it up a bit with The word cheep. I will pass on the Metz though appreciate the offer. I had two restored Metz cars on the 1980s. Donated both to the Garlits museum here in Ocala. The fiber drive gear is a pain to get correct. Thanks again George 

• Like 1

I was just offered a 1914 Krit  touring car project for $2,500. Too rough for me. Stored in Fargo ND. If seriously interested email me and I will give you his contact info. Go AACA! Sincerely George 

12 hours ago, George Albright said:

Thanks for the response. Thought I’d stir it up a bit with The word cheep. I will pass on the Metz though appreciate the offer. I had two restored Metz cars on the 1980s. Donated both to the Garlits museum here in Ocala. The fiber drive gear is a pain to get correct. Thanks again George 

Yup, That's why they're relatively cheep even in the Brass era market. Passed on it myself.  

Posted (edited)

Cheap Bras Cars will never get restored, life is short, start with a $20,000 - $30,000 driver now and enjoy the drive. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Patience Grasshopper, in few months there’ll be plenty of good to great running/driving new/used/old/etc cars of all eras available for project prices or less....

9 hours ago, TTR said:

Patience Grasshopper, in few months there’ll be plenty of good to great running/driving new/used/old/etc cars of all eras available for project prices or less....

Well, if you love the cars you own, value is not an issue.

Project cars are now a hard sell due to restoration costs.

If one is looking to buy a nice car, not a project, there’ll probably be some panic selling, so now might be a good time to be looking for the car of your dreams.  Might be the better part of valor to buy sight unseen, though, or at least inspect from six feet away!

• Like 1

Well, since I don’t have intentions or plans to sell any of my vintage cars in foreseeable future (although that could change due to this pandemic), value fluctuations do not worry me.

OTOH, as I’ve mentioned before, there are some cars I would love to buy/own, but even with near future uncertainties and related pending panic behaviors, I don’t really expect values of those come down to levels where a mere mortal like me could afford any.
One can dream though.

4 hours ago, trimacar said:

Well, if you love the cars you own, value is not an issue.

Project cars are now a hard sell due to restoration costs.

If one is looking to buy a nice car, not a project, there’ll probably be some panic selling, so now might be a good time to be looking for the car of your dreams.  Might be the better part of valor to buy sight unseen, though, or at least inspect from six feet away!

David is regrettably right on target - he so often is.

More and more decent vehicles will likely be offered in the coming months,

typically at more affordable prices. We hope not to see "Fire-Sales", but anticipate that may also be the situation in some cases. 

• Like 1

Good point on car sales, but I think that good cars will always go for good prices while projects may lag because of restoration costs.  T  Can't begin to imaging the backlog of work that is being stalled or put-off right now.  Got a state inspection on my truck yesterday and when I pulled up to the garage it was obvious they guys were excited to see a customer, even if it was just something simple like the inspection.  They had some stuff being worked on but it wasn't as jam-packed as usual.  They also said there will be a big backlog, but we all agreed that a slowing economy may further put a damper on business.  Hope this is over soon!

Terry

Another theory I see some justification for is that the better quality cars are often owned by people who are more affluent / more financially secure.  Far less likely to be in need of cashing out of the hobby than many of us; wealthy on paper, heavily leveraged in the stock market excluded. They have the resources to ride out almost 

any situation , unlike many of us more average guys.

Greg