1917 Dodge Brothers battery box

Looking to build a battery box for 1917 touring frame. I have pictures and dimensions of the top part of the battery box (bottom rusted away) and lid looking for pictures of the bottom inside and out and dimensions. Could possibly be interested in buying one if quality and price is right.    Thanks for taking time for reading this and possibly help    Jim

I can but offer the few photos I took shortly after purchase of the '17 DB touring I pulled out of 73 years storage in San Antonio.  Unfortunately I don't have a pic with the battery out.  There was a metal cover over the battery as shown and it was lined with a single piece of pine(?) that had cracked that was held in place by a couple of screws.   It was a VERY old battery!   Hope this is somewhat helpful to you.   From past experience, while the bottoms always rust out eventually, the removable lids for servicing typically don't get put back quite early in a car's life and are lost forever.

BattFoundInCar.JPG

BatteryCoverIn.JPG

BatteryCoverInWood.JPG

BatteryCoverScrew.JPG

BatterFoundInCar.JPG

That battery does look old!  If someone was so inclined, I would think you could figure out a way to neatly cut the top off so the remaining lead/stuff could be removed and then put a smaller modern battery in there with appropriate connections to the original terminals.  I think Myers has repro battery box lids available.

I know it is not stock or correct but I have used the BLACK plastic group 27 battery box in a couple early DB's. Bolted to the original frame brackets from rusted battery boxes with 5/16 bolts with fender washers. I drilled four 1/4" holes in the bottom for drainage. Works great and never rusts. Perfect for a driver, not so perfect for a AACA show car. I used a brown plastic box I had on hand first and it cracked apart! Black ones never a problem. I know this isn't what you asked but just throwing it out there.