1939 LZ Wiper Motor

jord

Is there a place where I can get a rebuild kit for the TRICO wiper motor? I searched all the sites and can only find Mac's for a model A type all the rest are rebuilt for $200.00 +/-. i tried oiling it but it's frozen. i cannot find a model number on it

There are places that will rebuild them.  Had my '41 redone some time ago, but don't remember who did it.  Check with the club to see who's doing what!  Also google repairs of old vacuum wipers and you might find someone who's still fixing them.  I was tempted to try to replace it with an electric version, but in the interest of originality I opted for repair and keeping it original.  And I can't remember driving it in the rain anyway!   

Thank's Tom, I called them and they have nothing but did refer me to Ficken . Unfortunately 1937 to 1939 wipers where oddballs and cannot be rebuilt with any certainty of success. They had a funky speed regulator installed in them which produced a constant vacuum leak. i was told to look for maybe a Cadillac motor or some other large car with similar parts.After 35 years in the business he could not help unfortunately.

• Like 1

If it is just frozen, you should be able to remove the cover and clean it out and lube it. I used Vaseline back in 1980 to lube mine,  but now they have some very good silicone lubricants that are very slippery and do not dry out. It is worth a try to see if you can get it to work.

Kent does a very good job. I would have recommended him, but I thought that he retired and stopped doing them. It is hard to have less than a 10 minute conversation with him, he is so enthusiastic about his work and easy to talk to. I am glad that he was able to help you.