Trying to find my old car

Depends what it was.    Something relatively "special" then it won't be hard.   If it was a 50s something 2 door coupe,  then very hard.

My advice would be to post pictures and a description.   You will get better idea from the feedback.

The 34 Chrysler may be easier to track down than the Camaro.  Though you could just try googling the Vin on your 81 Camaro.  If anyone has posted it , it might come up.  Not sure of any other way to trace it without involving law enforcement or an insurance company but I believe both of those can't tell you the results legally, unless maybe it was destroyed and recorded as such where they may be able to tell you it was destroyed but beyond that probably not much. 

Either way photos and more details will help on either as well as where the last known location of each was. 

It appears the 1981 Camaro would have had a 17 digit VIN. If true, you could run a Car Fax report to see if it is still registered. The report would give city and state, as well as the date of most recent registration. 

Good luck

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevin1221 said:

It appears the 1981 Camaro would have had a 17 digit VIN. If true, you could run a Car Fax report to see if it is still registered. The report would give city and state, as well as the date of most recent registration. 

Good luck

Kevin

Now that you mention it,  an 81 Tacoma I was looking at came with a car fax.   That is a really good idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, 48Buick said:

I'm trying to see if a car I had years ago is still around somewhere.  Where would I start looking?  I have the VIN.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Have you done a google search of the VIN?  Might try that every few months. Stranger things have happened.  I have a friend that found a Corvette that he used to own that way.

Let us know how you went about finding your old car.

I would like to find my old '53 MGTD that I sold to pay for our first child in 1974.

It is probably the only one in the world with a '64 TR-4 engine ,Tx, and rear end under it.

Might be living some where around the Davenport ,Iowa region

P_20200413_111553_p.jpg

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)