Sign in to follow this  

Info needed on 1906 Clement-Bayard

Good evening - I'm looking for information on the 'Clement-Bayard' car - I believe they were made in France. That's about all the info I have - any help would be appreciated - Thanks

It is indeed a French make and one of the most famous,long lived and interesting. It started as Louis Clément around 1890, became Clément Bayard, for the famous Chevalier Bayard ( "without fear or fault...) in the 1900, was bought up by the British Talbot around 1920 and became Clement-Talbot, then Talbot around 1925, then was bought again by Tony Lago around 1934 and became Talbot Lago of world racing fame, which closed up at the beginning of the sixties.

It was a very good car, well built and reliable ; they raced in 1903 Paris-Madrid and I think in some of the Gordon Bennet eliminatories. I am sure that you will find a lot of information in any good library as it was at a time one of the major European makes.

I would be happy to oblige with my own documents but you would have to wait for a year or so, that is when I retire and put in good order my mountain of paper....

If you call CLEMENT-BAYARD on Google you will get 1150 entries, cars, planes and airships, you just name it....

Good Luck !