Cokekid

48 V12 Need Help To ID This Part.

188023846_LINHEATERPART203995.JPG.0ccdd109a8e7060fc742faa53a461f39.JPGThis part was screwed into on the left cylinder head with attached to it. Anyone have a clue what it is.

Gerry

1881150105_LINHEATERPART103994.JPG.7a454bfd174a34eb83e6b26d98dedc97.JPG

Looks to be what is left of a hot water heater valve that is screwed into the head. Can't find it in my  Lincoln parts book, but Ford part #91A-15142 for flathead Ford( 59A) may work-Larry

Looks like a homemade valve of some sort.  You can see the brazing on the side where a fitting for a pipe or hose might have been intended.  Could be an attempt to control water flow to a heater.  

Larry,R

Seeing as there was no hoses attached to this part. I will have to do a little more investigating on this part. I am hoping someone who also has this part connected to their cylinder head.

I think I will follow up on the part Larry posted.

Thanks

Guys

Larry,

Went to C&G Ford Parts and found the part you stated. I have ordered the part and now have to find out were the hoses are to be connected.

Thanks

Gerry

Gerry,

Check  out pg. 332 of the  '36-'48    Lincoln Chassis parts catalog. It shows the whole exploded  view of the hot water heater system . This should help- Larry

I was looking for something in the Lincoln Zephyr  magazines when I came across a photo on the back cover for June - July 1974. It shows the part exactly were mine was installed .660638500_Linheatervalve03996.jpg.ac123c9bf609d111fe8cab0b7bd647b4.jpg 

Larry,

37907918_48LINHEATER03997.JPG.035d8869e691dacae59464eccedd4b05.JPG

I have the parts catalog and it only shows were the heater parts are connected on the inside of the car. What info I require is were do the hoses from my Heater Valve. Seeing this part was installed I am hoping some member has one installed and could supply me with this info .

I appreciate your trying to help me.

I should also of added, that I cannot believe the price they are asking for the catalog on Ebay.

Gerry