1916 - 1923 VALVE CAGE SEALING RINGS

Terry Wiegand

I had a gentleman call me this morning about valve cage sealing rings.  The exhaust valve ring was used from 1916 thru 1923 with no size change.  The intake valve ring was the same as the exhaust valve ring for the 1916 and 1917 models.  In 1918 the intake valve increased in diameter and stayed the same thru the end of the 1923 models.  It needs to be clear that I am speaking strictly about the 6-Cylinder engines.  I have a source that will machine them to factory specifications for me.  IF anyone is needing new sealing rings, now would be a good time to let me know and hopefully we could have a quantity made to help keep the per piece price down.  I would like to know if there is sufficient interest to move this project forward.  Please let me know if you might be interested in a set or sets.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Phone - (620) 665-7672

email - renobuickman@gmail.com

Thanks Rod.  To be really clear as to what I am asking about - 1 set of rings will be 6 intake and 6 exhaust rings and if anyone wants a few extra - that can be done also.  As of right now, three sets have been spoken for.  I would like to know who wants any of these by the 15th of April.  I will keep the tally on this thread and we will go from there.  The shop will quote a per piece price. I have four sets spoken for as of this time.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Edited by Terry Wiegand
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this back to the top again.  I made it up to the machine shop in McPherson this afternoon.  The information was turned over to them and they are preparing a quote for me.  There are 7 sets of sealing rings spoken for thus far.  I am going to put this in the Buick Pre-War heading also.  We are looking at offering the Valve Cage Nuts and the Valve Cages themselves for the 1916 and 1917 Light Six engines.  The sealing rings will fit from 1916 thru 1923 Light Six engines.  If anyone has Illustrated Parts Catalogs covering the Four Cylinder Models - I would like to talk with you.  I have copies of Valve Cage Engineering Drawings that I do not know the specific model that they are for.  I cannot stress this enough - if anyone is needing/wanting any of these particular pieces, then by all means let's talk.  This could be the last time that I will be doing anything with them.  Once this '16 is back together and out on the road, my free time is going to be behind the steering wheel.  I've got 44 years worth of driving and touring to catch up on.

Oops!  I will get this in the Buy / Sell heading also.

Terry Wiegand

Out Doo Dah Way

Edited by Terry Wiegand
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (see edit history)
  • Like 1