Question on Chrysler Highlander

Good information is a little tough to find on this, but I thought perhaps there would be someone here more familiar with this.

Seems like it was somewhat of an upgrade to the New Yorker in 1940, then became a submodel for both the Windsor and New Yorker (depending on the year) thorugh 1952?

Thanks!

hi, its a trim option ,plaid seats and door cards ,highlander badging and a short lived optional Sparton horn that plays The Campbells are coming!

Plaid was available in various colours with the red being the most popular .This is now remade by SMS but is roughly $100 a yard ,you will need about 6 yards.And a lot of patience

32 minutes ago, normanpitkin said:

hi, its a trim option ,plaid seats and door cards ,highlander badging and a short lived optional Sparton horn that plays The Campbells are coming!

Plaid was available in various colours with the red being the most popular .This is now remade by SMS but is roughly $100 a yard ,you will need about 6 yards.And a lot of patience

Do you have a source for that package content? MY 1940 Highlander has a multi-tone horn playing a tune and I always believed it was an owner installment. Would be amusing to prove it was part of the Highlander package, which is to my understanding just a trim option in 1940 (initial year), despite some sources claiming it was a separate series. Also note that plaid pattern differs between the years.

1033854301_40Chry1CNYcvtHighlander3-LifeJanuary26th(1).jpg.6c17939788561e133cc7d50cb1d47379.jpg

51 minutes ago, =diego= said:

Your Highlander is a NYer?

Do you know if it ever was available for both models at the same time, or varied over the years?

With both models you are thinking about 6-cyl versus 8-cyl models? According to some sources yes (for Windsor and NewYorker sub-series) with regards to same year, others have less mentioning of where it was available. How long the trim option was available is also discussed, I believe I have seen 1953 models with Highlander. And my car is a NewYorker, yes.