Jeff Perkins / Mn

Tell us about the one that got away........

At Hershey many years ago. I walked past a table with a real First Issue Hot Rod Magazine. I stopped and looked at it. $750 was the price. The seller said "I can do $700". I walked two more rows and decided I should go back and buy it. I walked back and it was gone.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

9 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

At Hershey many years ago. I walked past a table with a real First Issue Hot Rod Magazine. I stopped and looked at it. $750 was the price. The seller said "I can do $700". I walked two more rows and decided I should go back and buy it. I walked back and it was gone.

Back in 2006 I found the first 6 issues of Hot Rod for TWENTY FIVE CENTS apiece at a local garage sale! Those did not get away from me!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Back in 2006 I found the first 6 issues of Hot Rod for TWENTY FIVE CENTS apiece at a local garage sale! Those did not get away from me!

My similar find was the August, 1967 issue of Playboy magazine which had a short article and excellent color photos of "Ultimate Grand Touring Cars", including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Toyota 2000GT, Jensen, Bizzarrini, etc., written by Ken Purdy.  I actually had the pictures of the cars which I cut out of an issue that my uncle gave me when he was finished reading it.  Later, I regretted cutting it up.  I was fortunate enough to find one at a garage sale for 25 cents some 20 years later.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

Traded my 82 firebird for a '57 190 SL. Sold the Benz after about 2 years for $10k, that was about 20 yrs ago. Still makes me sick to think about it.