WANT To Block a member, How is it done?

If you go up next to you name/handle at the upper right of the screen, there is a little down arrow. Click on it. Scroll down to "ignore list" and click. You can add a user you want to block.

Full disclosure: I have not tried it on this forum, so cant say for sure if it works, but it is a common option on forums, and it probably does.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

If you go up next to you name/handle at the upper right of the screen, there is a little down arrow. Click on it. Scroll down to "ignore list" and click. You can add a user you want to block.

Full disclosure: I have not tried it on this forum, so cant say for sure if it works, but it is a common option on forums, and it probably does.

Thank you for the lesson. I had not seen that before.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 3/16/2020 at 6:34 PM, Ronnie said:

- Hover over the username or avatar of the user you want to block. (red box)

- Click on "ignore user".

270501062_ignoreuser-1.jpg.229cb58ac4f5267b93f1baa44cc0d441.jpg

So what does the Ignore User feature block? Private messages I would presume? But what else, any and all new posts made by the person you're ignoring or even any replies to other posts made by them. And why doesn't it inform that person you're ignoring them. I WANT the %%#%&*  to know I'm ignoring them. 

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

So what does the Ignore User feature block? Private messages I would presume? But what else, any and all new posts made by the person you're ignoring or even any replies to other posts made by them. And why doesn't it inform that person you're ignoring them. I WANT the %%#%&*  to know I'm ignoring them. 

When you click on "Ignore User" the next screen will allow you to select what you want to ignore. Telling a member you want them to know you are ignoring them is best done with a Private Message as nicely as the forum rules will allow. :)

I'm not ignoring 1937hd34. This is just an example screenshot that shows your ignore options.

97772964_Screenshot_2020-09-12IgnoredUsers-AntiqueAutomobileClubofAmerica-DiscussionForums(1).thumb.png.5c1aa43b419f09a0700ce69a1a21a8e3.png

• Thanks 1