Bobby Allison's NASCAR Car Hauler 1966 C-750 Cabover Ford Truck

Only 12 of these were made by the Ford Motor Company and they were outfitted by Holman Moody.   How many are still left today maybe 3 or 4 ?  The cab-over option was rare and neat all at the same time. 

I'll update this listing later this week as I'm a small farmer and I have animals to care for and land to till.  Buy my truck so I can buy a new tractor is my motivation.  Truth be told, I bought this in 2003 and wanted to turn it into a mobile internet cafe... but hey everyone now has a smart phone and the truck has long passed it's intended purpose.  It's got air horns and air brakes and you do not need a CDL license to drive it... oh the fun I had driving it around to shows both local and national.  Once drove it to work when the daily driver was in the shop LOL.

What's this worth who knows... I just know you can buy dozens of 1953 Corvettes all day long for big money.  Be the only kid on the block with a real live been there and done that chunk of NASCAR history.  Two photos show truck with Bobby's race car loaded.     

bigred2x.jpg

staffphoto_sm.jpg

ba1983oct-vi.jpg

HolyCow_Large.jpg

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

On 3/16/2020 at 8:30 PM, real61ss said:

Beautiful truck, did you ever show this truck at an AACA National Meet? Maybe Hagerstown some years ago?

I took it to Hershey was carrying a 1950's Dodge Truck on the back... sold the Dodge truck for cheep and even delivered it.   Live near Hagerstown and I did take it to several cruizes.

neat rig, please do not misunderstand my question, I am not beating up on your price or truck, I would like to know how you got to your price, have no idea what it is truly worth. 

yes, what is it worth to me, well, I am trying to figure that out, and need some help to get a real value, it could very well be your asking price, yup, the price includes blue sky for it's racing history

I have a serious interest...

thank you 

Edited by j m davis phd (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, j m davis phd said:

neat rig, please do not misunderstand my question, I am not beating up on your price or truck, I would like to know how you got to your price, have no idea what it is truly worth.

Hello JM Davis,

I've been pondering selling this old truck to someone who could really give it the home it needs.... been thinking about it for a year or so.   As to price I just checked and there are a dozen 1953 Corvettes up for sale listing from $150k to $250k each.  Many to choose from.  Yes Corvettes are sexy and fast.... but this truck has a sleeper cab and that's extra sexy ha ha ha.  Hold on kids sometime in the wacky 1970's the entire interior was redone in thick red shag carpet, and yes especially the sleeper cab.

I'm up to my ears in Spring planting so you won't hear from me for the next 48 hours.  I will be updating more photos and current running condition, and a inventory of the NOS nicknack parts I've been collecting and a small library of Ford parts books included that pertain to this wonderful truck.

I am thankful for the interest.

Ramblin Randy

A year later I finally got around to getting the big truck started.  Just rebuilt the carb, cleaned out the fuel tank, and new wires and plugs and it started up like a champ.  Currently dealing with a leak in the air brake system, but no worries we'll get this loaded up on your low boy no problem.    

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

• Wowabunga changed the title to Bobby Allison's NASCAR Car Hauler 1966 C-700 Cabover Ford Truck
On 3/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, real61ss said:

Do you have current photos of the truck? These all appear to be quite old, just wondering what the condition is now.

Thanks

Tommy... send me a message with your email and I will forward more info.  Thanks for the patience.

• Wowabunga changed the title to Bobby Allison's NASCAR Car Hauler 1966 C-750 Cabover Ford Truck
  • 1 year later...
On 3/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, real61ss said:

Do you have current photos of the truck? These all appear to be quite old, just wondering what the condition is now.

Thanks

Working on the air brakes this week.  Here's a few new photos from this month.  Much more to come...

6 copy.jpg

7 copy.jpg

dash SM.jpg

NOS Parts Intro.jpg

• Like 1