Anyone restored visor mirror covers?

Oscardt

Hi, I just bought a 91 convertible and I noticed that the little covers for the vanity mirrors inside the sun visors are worn out and will not stay open. Has anyone else fixed this problem on their car? How do you do it? Thanks!

YES YES & YES......my Select Sixty driver side/left mirror cover ..... Same Same.  And no reason for it - all of a sudden with no usage, no warning or accelerated degradation - the cover just will not stay up/open with the visor down (of course).  I see no way to replace a spring or ????  to rectify - Help ! 

The entire vanity mirror assembly can be removed from the visor. Both light lenses and bulbs get removed and there are screws underneath that once backed out will permit removal of the whole assembly.

I've not encountered this particular problem on any of mine yet, so will need to dissect a spare visor here to see what may be causing the problem being asked about. I'm guessing there is a snap spring and possibly a plastic tang that holds one or both ends of the spring in place that get broken resulting in the cover getting lazy. Will do some looking and report back. 

1 hour ago, KDirk said:

The entire vanity mirror assembly can be removed from the visor. Both light lenses and bulbs get removed and there are screws underneath that once backed out will permit removal of the whole assembly.

I've not encountered this particular problem on any of mine yet, so will need to dissect a spare visor here to see what may be causing the problem being asked about. I'm guessing there is a snap spring and possibly a plastic tang that holds one or both ends of the spring in place that get broken resulting in the cover getting lazy. Will do some looking and report back. 

Thank you so much if you are able to figure this out!!