Charlotte Update

This has already come out on social media, it refers to the AutoFair but AACA still has to appropriately discuss the Spring Nationals and will do so very soon and announce our decision.  Naturally this means that the April date is CANCELLED.

SPRING SHOW NOW POSTPONED TO JUNE
Per the Governor of North Carolina ordering that groups of more than 100 people will not be allowed, our spring show will be postponed to June 12-14, 2020.
All Vendor space numbers and space locations will be the same for the postponed dates as planned for April. All stickers and tickets you have will be honored and used for the postponed dates and will not be reissued with the new dates.
Thank you for understanding as we work to reschedule the event to benefit all Charlotte AutoFair Vendors and the collector vehicle hobby.

Do you think Franklin Gage could move up the Sentimental Tour a couple of days, so as to give would-be participants time to drive down to NC from WV?  Something for the Board to consider?  Of course, if you listened to the President's news conference today, we could be to August before things get back to something relatively normal.

Earl Beauchamp, Past Prez 2004

John correct to a point.  We should have a press release out and communication out early tomorrow morning but we still need to hear from our entire board before doing so.   We are hopful that your answer is yes.

Earl, we have not heard from Franklin to my knowledge and only can assume that it is scheduled as planned.  

The AACA Southeastern Division Spring Nationals has been rescheduled to coincide with the new dates for the Charlotte AutoFair on June 12-14.  Our show will be on June 13th.

AACA and its affiliates will continue to monitor issues related to coronavirus as well as abiding by CDC and other governmental agency recommendations. Our members are our utmost concern, and we will work diligently to keep you informed of changes to scheduled events as they arise.

Anyone who has previously registered to judge, show a car or attend the Saturday picnic at the AACA Nationals need not do anything, as the Hornets Nest Region will make the necessary changes to your registration to the new date.  If, however, you are unable to attend on this new date your registration and associated fees are fully refundable through the Hornets Nest Region. Please call 704-841-1396 or you can write Hornets Nest Region at 9307-H Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28270.

The new deadline for the Southeastern Spring Nationals in Charlotte is May 15.

Note:  Any vendor, car corral space or other business you have with the Charlotte AutoFair needs to be addressed with Hornets Nest Region and not AACA National.  It is our understanding that for many years the AutoFair has had a No Refund Policy.  

• Thanks 1

Steve,

Can you remind us the policy on registering for the Grand National in the same year as receiving a senior award. I had hoped to get a senior in Charlotte and then taking that car to Allentown. Now they are a bit close together and I do have a different senior car I can take to Allentown so not an entirely big deal, but a refresher course would be nice when you have a moment. Thanks for all you and everyone in the office and on the AACA BOD are doing as no doubt you are in the middle of a thankless large shuffle of work.

Steve, I know that normally this would not happen but does the car have to have obtained it's Sr. before it's entry in the GN can be accepted? Just try'n to get locked into one of those 700 spots.  I'm working on a car that I plan to take to Auburn and the WV show provided they don't get canceled. 

• 1 month later...