Sign in to follow this  
71GS

Interior progress this weekend

I practiced “social distancing” all weekend in the garage and got the dash and console reassembled. Over the winter Everything was cleaned, repainted and polished. Replaced all the veneer, vacuum lines and LED bulbs throughout. 

Brian

00805E24-DD81-453B-819B-7672B1D5AB3F.jpeg

FD8387AD-F86E-4464-B29C-40DC555013BC.jpeg

7C518D20-B684-452D-9967-45B3A220C981.jpeg

DAFA3A7A-BFBE-45AC-B7D6-F95A7C0E7ECB.jpeg

6945A79D-DD3F-4759-B713-F13CE003F979.jpeg

• Like 8

Let me be the first to say that looks first class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 71GS said:

I practiced “social distancing” all weekend in the garage and got the dash and console reassembled. Over the winter Everything was cleaned, repainted and polished. Replaced all the veneer, vacuum lines and LED bulbs throughout. 

Brian

00805E24-DD81-453B-819B-7672B1D5AB3F.jpeg

FD8387AD-F86E-4464-B29C-40DC555013BC.jpeg

7C518D20-B684-452D-9967-45B3A220C981.jpeg

DAFA3A7A-BFBE-45AC-B7D6-F95A7C0E7ECB.jpeg

6945A79D-DD3F-4759-B713-F13CE003F979.jpeg

The LED’s are nice. I put them through out the interior of my 63.

Yours look good. Keep up the great work!

Turbinator

• Like 1

I think folks are going to get a lot of work done on their cars over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

When the virus gets you in a couple of months, tell your heirs that I would like to purchase

your steering wheel center cap and and unbroken factory horn bar!

• Haha 1

Thanks you all. It was supposed to be a new veneer job and fix the driver seat....kinda snowballed. Seafoam, I’ll put ya down for that wheel 👍🤣😷

Clark’s Upholstry looks amazing, can’t wait to see it installed. Still waiting on OPG to update me on the rear foam. E21E7EE3-4C86-45BE-8D80-3CB764FCA6B3.jpeg.53ddcd721b0d7c45fea915dae9a899dc.jpeg

842FF046-9537-41F0-ACBB-C28F3D7337F1.jpeg

9ACD61B7-6AF0-45AE-ADCF-671C36CC6A26.jpeg

A0EC754E-8368-4DB3-9AC7-F8606E64418F.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 71GS said:

Brian

Looks great so far, good luck with your progress.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:30 PM, 71GS said:

Brian

I did the same thing this past weekend! Mostly on the 1963 console, fitting it over and over and over again. One more time to make it final once I source 18" of that 1.75" ID hose for the Drivers side heater vent. This is what it takes when different parts go back in from complete disassembly. Also, DynaMat AROUND brackets, do not remove them without marking exact positions.

Wife wasn't happy, claims I spent 18 hours in there (garage). Doesn't understand - - - - social distancing is "IN"!

I soldered/epoxy'd in a 4-LED for the Radio dial after seeing improvement in the instrument panel.

Oh careful with the power seat inboard track. It keeps falling out allowing the 4 Delrin slides to fall off. I ordered missing replacements tonight.

DSC02755.JPG

6 hours ago, XframeFX said:

I did the same thing this past weekend! Mostly on the 1963 console, fitting it over and over and over again. One more time to make it final once I source 18" of that 1.75" ID hose for the Drivers side heater vent. This is what it takes when different parts go back in from complete disassembly. Also, DynaMat AROUND brackets, do not remove them without marking exact positions.

Wife wasn't happy, claims I spent 18 hours in there (garage). Doesn't understand - - - - social distancing is "IN"!

I soldered/epoxy'd in a 4-LED for the Radio dial after seeing improvement in the instrument panel.

Oh careful with the power seat inboard track. It keeps falling out allowing the 4 Delrin slides to fall off. I ordered missing replacements tonight.

DSC02755.JPG

I spent 12 hours of social distance as well. Funny thing is about an hour of that was looking for the seat track parts that fell on the floor. Luckily I found them and was able to reinstall.

• Haha 1

Yeah I was out there till midnight Saturday. Seemed like every piece fought me. Even the dash pad 🤷🏼‍♂️Had everything in and out a million times. All part of the fun I suppose. I gave up on that 1.75” hose, couldn’t find any,  and used a 2” with some leftover dynamite foam insulation wrapped around the duct and snugged down with the clamp. Worked fine. Happy with it finally, finishing up the carpet next. I had the console carpet retainer aluminum moldings polished. Excited for that next step. Keep going guys👍
side note, starting to wonder if the ROA meet will happen in June??any thoughts?

5CBCE164-8793-4A21-A8A0-513CF8733B41.jpeg

10744722-4064-4163-AD6C-9A7CBA5990EE.jpeg

A95CC191-D920-4924-82AE-80F780542EEC.jpeg

Had the same thoughts about the meet in June.  Guess I'll wait till the last moment to register etc. to see what the news is.  One thing that concerns me is the average age of the attendees - they're pretty much prime targets. There've been at least nine confirmed cases as of this time in the county in which I live. 

I'm practicing social distancing right now.  Pluto TV has a bunch of "binge watching" channels - same series 24/7/365. I've been watching Ask This Old House learning all of the trade secrets for carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and landscaping.  Think that I'll still leave those jobs to the pros.

Solid plan Ed👍 I personally hate plumbing. 
Yeah I guess we will see as time goes on about the meet. Was really looking forward to attending. Haven’t been to one since Lexington in 13. Oh well stay safe everyone. 
Made a little progress tonight. 

1603BF7B-0B31-4A58-9005-4F9FF1C7DCF4.jpeg

CF0A5156-0385-4310-95A0-7E12468E6F4C.jpeg

9160A274-7D34-42A6-872B-221399B199AD.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Well, it's official. All K-12 schools in the State of Kansas have been closed through the end of the current semester.  Students will complete their classes online. 

Trouble is, Mom and Dad millennials are not taking this as seriously as they need to. Kids are getting together and playing or just hanging out.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Problem is hanging out causes other problems.  In MANY cases Mom & Dad HAVE to work.  The younger ones will be shipped off to Grandma & Grandpa.  The problem with this the ones that are MOST favorable  are the most vulnerable by children that show no signs of infection & will more than likely not act or look sick. 

• Like 1

Just glad that my grandson is old enough to stay home alone - if only he'll do it.  Luckily, both his mom and dad are able to work from home.

Yeah I feel fortunate that both me and my wife can and are working from home since Monday. Stay safe everyone. 

Posted (edited)

Hello. A couple folks have asked about the LED source. I used superbrightLEDs.com. Pretty sure I found them from someone’s thread on here. Anyway, they have a search function where you put your year,make and model and it pulls a list for you. Shows the stock bulb# and the available  LEDs. 
My invoice  below for reference. This includes one for the accessory “reel” trunk light. Colored ones for signals, high beam, idiot lights  and cruise lamp. C77060F4-176D-482D-816C-3330E9788C1C.thumb.jpeg.6790ea5baa0c2d18a7045d58a0827596.jpeg Hope this is helpful 

Brian

Edited by 71GS (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Confusing. I couldn't source the miniature BA9s for the clock and radio so I made my own from bi-polar 194 capsule style LEDs

Another tough one is LED for #90 for our Courtesy lights - single filament double contact.

Image result for automotive light bulb cross reference chart

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, XframeFX said:

Confusing. I couldn't source the miniature BA9s for the clock and radio so I made my own from bi-polar 194 capsule style LEDs

Another tough one is LED for #90 for our Courtesy lights - single filament double contact.

Image result for automotive light bulb cross reference chart

John, the replacement for the 90. Is the first one on my invoice  the 1142.

👍

Edited by 71GS (see edit history)

I see now, on my chart. 1142 on the same row as #90. I thought a "warm" would be suitable for courtesy lights. How are the "cool" in operation?

4 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

I see now, on my chart. 1142 on the same row as #90. I thought a "warm" would be suitable for courtesy lights. How are the "cool" in operation?

I struggled with that decision too. Personally I like them, but everyone is different. You could order some of each and return them I bet. 

Warm would definitely be more similar to the incandescent look. 

So, I see you ordered coloured 194s. No problems with your flasher? Instrument lights DIM OK?

I fab'd my own BA9 4-led for the radio as I had a window to install it. The clock takes the same BA9 but that can be changed any time. Cool White for the instrument panel 194s for sure!

going to order 1142s for those courtesy lights

I bought high power 1156 bulbs and something like 19 LEDs 80W equivalent for the cornering lights. Yet to install them.

John B.