1929 Graham Paige Parts

1929GRAHAM-PAIGE

I have been searching for the following parts for a 1929 Graham Paige 621, but with no avail. 

-Headlight switch lever 

-Ignition & steering post lock

-Dash clock ( like the one shown in the last photo)

If anyone might have parts for sale or possible guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!

405B34DA-A7BF-4272-B335-3B41A856BE25.png

5E930E56-4582-495B-93DC-1FEDFFEF719F.jpeg

9794236C-1A4D-4F95-AD8E-5A7B80E24F33.jpeg

4D749392-F43E-41EB-99F4-726752966551.jpeg

What you are looking for is a Hershey Lock. Used by a handful of car companies, Auburn is the most common, and reproductions have been available on and off for years. The lever for the steering wheel light switch......you are SOL.......you have to make it, and it’s not easy. Been there, done that. Clocks are easy, they were used as Boy Scout projects, so there are many more clocks available than there are cars. 

PS- Make the light switch the LAST thing you do on the car, and make it a winter project.....it's a much bigger deal than you can imagine...........

• Like 1

I would listen to Ed he has lots of experience on these things.

1931 Reo Royale's have a similar lever on the car. I Do Not know if they are the same style or will even fit.

A Reo member in Mexico contacted a Piers Marta in Argentina I believe and he made some Levers up for him.

There is a Greg Coleman in Illinois who owns Chev Shop Custom Castings who has made other parts for our Reo's and other Marque's.              gcoleman@frontier.com

So Greg might have the moulds all ready or can make them ?

Here is some information on how to remove the Horn assembly from the Column and the Lighting contact at the bottom.

The links are for the Reo Royale Forum which is free to join and is free to access. You might not be able to enlarge the pictures unless you join.

image.thumb.png.2ee0777312ff0a8795b8dfbb184141ed.png

image.png

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

On 3/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, edinmass said:

What you are looking for is a Hershey Lock. Used by a handful of car companies, Auburn is the most common, and reproductions have been available on and off for years.

Also used in Buick's - try Bob's Automobilia (they have two styles, but do not know what to tell you are to which one or either would or would not work).  

Unfortunately, the Auburn units are currently not available (at least to my current knowledge). 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

As to the clocks - just get on ebay and look at all the clocks listed on ebay motors (probably only a couple thousand and then keep up with new postings thereafter - a square-ish faced clock is pretty unusual and as a result easy to spot via photos - look to the bolt mounting too as I think a Franklin clock with square face has different bolt holes spacing.

Sidenote: Your fuel gauge casting looks pretty shaky via cracks starting:  https://straight-eight.com/product-category/king-seeley-hobson-fuel-gauge/ 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

As to the clocks - just get on ebay and look at all the clocks listed on ebay motors (probably only a couple thousand and then keep up with new postings thereafter - a square-ish faced clock is pretty unusual and as a result easy to spot via photos - look to the bolt mounting too as I think a Franklin clock with square face has different bolt holes spacing.

Sidenote: Your fuel gauge casting looks pretty shaky via cracks starting:  https://straight-eight.com/product-category/king-seeley-hobson-fuel-gauge/ 

Good advice, I recently found a clock housing for my 31 Pierce-Arrow with a handful of other trash clock parts for $26 including shipping, I have been watching eBay for a full year knowing it was not going to be easy...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Good advice, I recently found a clock housing for my 31 Pierce-Arrow with a handful of other trash clock parts for $26 including shipping, I have been watching eBay for a full year knowing it was not going to be easy...

I picked up a NOS pair of 1935/36 Auburn door handles recently doing this (they were marked as Chrysler)  - they were still expensive, but condition was fabulous and close to unobtainium. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...